Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Apr 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

If I didn't have a fast pass the longest I would wait is 30mins. That would be torture in that heat . What a waste of holiday time.
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

What type of ride is it?
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Last week brother was in Disneyland Paris he said the Q for it's a small world 4 hours

Other rides where the same
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
I'd have to say I strongly disagree with this - WDW was the only place where queuing really got us down during our trip. It was fairly easy to deal with manageable queues at Universal and the SeaWorld parks, but the limited FP+ reservations at the Disney theme parks and complete absence at the water parks lead to the majority of the day spent in queues. It's something I understand and accept as a necessity of going to a theme park, but when dealing with small children and adults who are 60+, it's very difficult. SDMT simply wasn't achievable with a queue time we could accept this trip, so we had to go without, thus I still haven't been on it. FP+ reservations were not available at the 30 day window so what choice do you have?
Apparently, some folk here on the DIBB claim they've never queued more than 20 minutes and have been during busy periods. So, apparently it is possible to visit WDW and avoid the long queues.

We have queued for a while for some rides but it's usually just a minority (and usually the really popular rides). Most rides we only queue for around 30 minutes or less.

I am a little puzzled why almost 3 years on, SDMT is still attracting such disproportionate queues, presumably its capacity isn't very good as otherwise I'd have expected it to be in the 60 minute range most of the time, rather than the 120-150 it usually seems to be.
Normally the wait for 7DMT is only around the 60-80min range. However, during the second busiest time of the year I'm not surprised the newest family ride in the world's most popular theme park has a 3 hour queue.

I've visited during quieter times when the queue for Soarin' was 210mins (and it wasn't new either).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

It's definitely doable with some attractions, we only waited 11 mins for Laugh Floor, maybe 8-9 for Philharmagic, and even after it had just reopened and had a long snaking queue, around 10 minutes for the TTA Peoplemover. I can only assume the people that are only queuing 20 mins max for anything are visiting on multiple days with early booked FP+ reservations and booking extra ones afterwards. From my experience at MK, not just this year, but on all my prior visits, I can't ever see a situation where the queues for Splash Mountain, BTMR, Space Mountain, SDMT and PPF are going to be sub-20 mins.
We may have had it particularly bad on our trip visiting during school holidays and having lost our FP+ reservations for both days but even so, six reservations would still necessitate some fairly careful planning and being prepared to be in the park either very early or very late I imagine. I'm sure it's possible when everything goes right, but how often does that happen in practice? It wasn't even the queues that stopped us doing Splash last week, it was closed for the duration!
Old 17 Apr 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

if you, like us, last year only did Disney and spent 3 weeks there, it is possible to fast pass every ride that normally has a queue over 30 minutes.

then a few earlier days and a few EEHs for all the 20 min + attractions

we only queued long for Midway Mania (as there was a fault - but they gave us all and extra FP for another day) and Soarin (fault again moved us to another room).

We met A&E early one day and then came out for a FAE fp - to find it was broken - visited the shop and as we were leaving Norway, ride reopened - front of the queue.

everything else we just took at a snails pace and 3/4 fps per day for all the must dos - easy

we even FP'd living with the land, movie ride and epcot character spot. Planning eh

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 04:12 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
if you, like us, last year only did Disney and spent 3 weeks there, it is possible to fast pass every ride that normally has a queue over 30 minutes.

then a few earlier days and a few EEHs for all the 20 min + attractions

we only queued long for Midway Mania (as there was a fault - but they gave us all and extra FP for another day) and Soarin (fault again moved us to another room).

We met A&E early one day and then came out for a FAE fp - to find it was broken - visited the shop and as we were leaving Norway, ride reopened - front of the queue.

everything else we just took at a snails pace and 3/4 fps per day for all the must dos - easy

we even FP'd living with the land, movie ride and epcot character spot. Planning eh
^All this and a bag of chips!

2 Years ago we tried to cram so much into 3 weeks (The Usual Orlando hotspots, a wedding and visits with family)
Next weekend... (I can finally say this) We are not moving apart from one morning Outlets trip away from the Disney bubble. No Hogwarts or Thorpe Park (I mean Busch Gardens) and my childhood love for International Drive. Pure Disney. Parks in short 4 hour bursts, doing the main fast passes each day. Resort visits, Disney Springs. Disney quest before it closes, and a couple of water parks. I can't wait to take each park at a slow pace, during a "quieter" time of year. I am using a wombo combo of Touring Plans and the Dibb for a bit of ride planning assistance but overall just taking it all in each ride and attraction at a time.
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BufordT View Post
^All this and a bag of chips!

2 Years ago we tried to cram so much into 3 weeks (The Usual Orlando hotspots, a wedding and visits with family)
Next weekend... (I can finally say this) We are not moving apart from one morning Outlets trip away from the Disney bubble. No Hogwarts or Thorpe Park (I mean Busch Gardens) and my childhood love for International Drive. Pure Disney. Parks in short 4 hour bursts, doing the main fast passes each day. Resort visits, Disney Springs. Disney quest before it closes, and a couple of water parks. I can't wait to take each park at a slow pace, during a "quieter" time of year. I am using a wombo combo of Touring Plans and the Dibb for a bit of ride planning assistance but overall just taking it all in each ride and attraction at a time.
the "stop and smell the roses" thread has tips for going slow.

Forntierland and AdventureLand and AK are just unbearable at noon in summer but at Night they are amazing.

We try to do day time and night time in these - sometimes twice at night, once for the fireworks and once for the primo attractions while people are watching the fireworks usually followed by EEHs

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Easter is always hellishly busy, unfortunately. 😩 We have been during some very busy periods and the longest I have ever queued for anything is 180 minutes for Shrek 😮 This was when it first opened. 😂😂 We have been a few times at Easter and queued 90 mins ish for Splash.

I think 7DMT still has novelty value in that it's the newest ride in MK which is why it's so busy.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
the "stop and smell the roses" thread has tips for going slow.

Forntierland and AdventureLand and AK are just unbearable at noon in summer but at Night they are amazing.

We try to do day time and night time in these - sometimes twice at night, once for the fireworks and once for the primo attractions while people are watching the fireworks usually followed by EEHs
Yeah us too. Morning until lunch time, then back for a swim/nap/bit of exploring. Back at night for fireworks and EMH etc. Its going to be nice to be able to fit in Tom Sawyer and some of our forgotten attractions.
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List