Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Charmed Kirsty
Very Serious Dibber

Occupying a 2 year old on a plane

My daughter is 2 and a half. We have bought her a colouring/sticker/activity book. I'm sure she will watch some of the IFE but I really don't know what else to pack to keep her occupied. We flew with her brother at this age and I don't remember what we packed.
Charmed Kirsty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

When my daughter was the same age we took her Innotab with several games, colouring book and pencils, lego sticker book (the one where you find the right place for the shaped sticker) favourite toy and blankie, snacks, some surprise toys wrapped up. Tbh she was brilliant on the flight, had a good nap so that helped. Fingers crossed for you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I suppose it depends on the child but the sticker book and colouring book held no interest for my at youngest at 2 & 3 years old, the ear phones annoyed him and he did not have the attention span to watch much ife anyway.
But because being on a plane is so different it went better than I imagined, he loved looking round at what everyone was doing, we had lots of toilet trips (walks up and down the isle) he slept for an hour, then with meals and the odd toy I packed it was fine.
I took him mashems (little squidgy surprise toys in a tub) he loved these, also a couple of little cars & figures.
This year I am getting a little toy etc each week so he will have a few things to open/play with x
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
For us the I pad was a life saver! I also packed some lego bricks in a tub with a small board, though I am sure some will still be on that plane somewhere!
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think it depends on what they like. DD1 loves puzzles but I wouldn't want to lose bits. We're going to take some colouring, stickers and some bath toys. I like the look of the munchkin caterpillar stackers. My mum is making up some shape matching stickers and is going to try a magnetic jigsaw.
I have ordered some rubber fruits (lanco) which can go in the bath while we're there. I'll probably pack one of her hand puppets too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I would say try and get some of her favourite shows and download them iif you have a I pad or similar device. Has she got a favourite, toy, like a doll you could bring. Some snacks that's she really likes. Have a great flight.
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

DD has a tablet with movies on, sticker book, a pound shop set of cups and tea pot, and I bought a set of Disney princess magiclip dolls (dolls a few inches big with interchangeable dresses) which I will wrap up. the crayola books are expensive but great, pens but only write on the paper.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

A good big feed before hand and the iPad. Our two year old walked most of the way across the Atlantic doing laps of the plane, much to the amusement / displeasure of the other passengers (delete as appropriate). He only slept about 2 hours. This was of course not the same 2 hours as his 4 year old brother...
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I have a small tub of playdough, some coloured tape our DD can stick everywhere/do an art project with but is fairly easy to clear up, a book about the airport, stickers,

I am still on the lookout for more cheap things we can throw away when we arrive.

We are also planning to download some new toddler games on the IPad just before we go and get the free 7-day trial of Disney life, which apparently has shows/films you can download.

The tea set is a good idea as she can play with it in the bath in Florida as well!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

Mobile

I have in the past and will buy again this year.. playdough, small art bits, paper and crayons, origami book for DD (6), lego for both, small puzzles, little surprises like a new train for DS, disposable camera for the flight (flash off), tablets with their lego games on. DS also loves his Magnadoodle and he'll be 2+9 when we go. I got a great kit last year from Wilkos of a foam dinosaur making kit, it was brilliant. Nothing required, just assembling. One of the air hosts helped DD at one point and by the end shed built a blue triceratops, haha. Brilliant. Then lots of snacks. xxx