Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 May 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Need advice re universal stay please

So I have a week, end of august at Sapphire Falls.

Now I know I don't get express passes but I do get early entry.

To keep prices down I decided an onsite hotel that I could walk to the parks without express.

I believed as I am there a week I wouldn't need the express but now not so sure?

Any advice? Solo traveller so hoping for some single rider line, but do you think I will still have a lot of lines to contend with?

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

We've been the end of August for the last 2 years and it was fairly quiet. 2 or 3 days was plenty to get everything done so a week will be more than enough. Have you considered an annual pass? More than worth it for the discounts imo.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

End of August for a week and single rider, you’ll be fine. My wife and I often used the single rider lines last August. Longest wait was about 15 mins.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kibibi
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I agree with what the others have said. Utilise early entry once or twice, get to the other park when it opens once or twice and you’ll be fine without EP at that time of year.
Kibibi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

Definitely agree you will be fine if you utilise early entry. Just to say we have stayed at Sapphire Falls 5 times now and it is my much preferred hotel at Universal. We have tried all the others apart from Cabana Bay and Aventura and if you don't need express passes I think it's a really lovely hotel!
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You will be fine as is
Old 26 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Depending on if GE has opened at disney you could find universal even quieter than usual as everyone rushes off to the shiny, new land! we have been there a few times in late august and crowds were very manageable especially first and last thing. At SF you can also get the boat to the parks and save your feet at the end of the day.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

The McFluff Clan will be heading out to Orlando for a cheeky week at Endless Summer resort on the 25th August. We are hoping for low crowd levels. We'll use the power of jet lag to hit the parks early and spend the afternoons and evenings at the pool. We've not been to Universal so it'll be all new to us.

Using the extra guest hours seems to be the secret to getting onto all of the rides. You should have no problems if you use the single rider queues.

Good luck
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We went last year at the end of August and only for a day and got most of the rides we wanted to do in without express pass, the only one we didn't do was DDR and that was only because a storm came in. Most lines were very quiet and think we waited a maximum of 20 mins for anything. Single rider for MIB was a walk on. A week will be fine and always do the big rides first thing in the morning and you will be fine.
Old 29 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Really easy to do it all in a week.
Utilise the early entry for the 'biggies' and you'll have bags of time.
The surprising one we needed to use early entry to ride was Despicable Me. It always had huge wait times!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List