General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 19 Jul 09, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
huneybunny17
Very Serious Dibber

Hoping there is a moose loose Sunday

Sunday 21st June 2009 – last day in Toronto
The cast
Me – 38 (can’t believe I admitted that!) really excited about first trip to Canada and New York
James – 41 just goes with the flow and thinks I’ve got it all under control!
I will apologise before I start that we are not really photo people, so there is not a lot of photos and there are no photos of food!

Woke up before 7am as usual. We went to Eggtastic (real name Eggsmart). I wanted the 5 for $5 but you can’t get it at weekends! So I had the usual! J had French toast and fruit, and 2 teas. CAD$19.00 including tip.

We walked back to the hotel. J went to the gym and I went to do the laundry. I had to ask someone where it was last night as after a few visits to floor 2 I hadn’t found it. A staff member from the kids area and showed me. The laundry was in the girl’s toilet. She showed me how to work them and said I’d need 5 quarters, and 2 x toonie. I knew that a toonie was CAD$2. The 5 quarters were for the washing power, 1 toonie for the washing machine and 1 for the tumble dryer.

In the meantime I went to the lobby to use the free wifi. About 12.30pm after much resting we went shopping. J bought Merrill shoes CAD$101.69 from a sports shop. I bought a cuddly moose and some maple syrup cookies for work. We went to a teriyaki place in the mall, j had chicken noodles and I had prawn noodles and we shared a diet coke CAD$17.37. We walked towards the hotel and bought some sweet buns from a Chinese cake shop, 6 buns for CAD$6. We eat a bun and drank some water before heading out to Queen Street. We were hoping to see the MMVA run though, we were walking though one of the malls on the PATH towards Queen Street when I saw a girl with an ice-cream! So we went to McDonalds, I had an ice-cream and J had a Mcflurry. CAD$4.61.

They were doing a proper run though this time and the Jonas brothers were there (they were the main hosts). We saw and heard the Jonas Brothers, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, Nickelback and some rapper blokes. Lady Gaga did 2 songs (she can actually sing!). we were there for a couple of hours but it was really interesting. As we left there was a queue of girls with orange wristbands – they must have been waiting to get in to the actual Much Music Video Awards. We were standing behind a barrier but later on we watched it on TV and they got right up to the stage.

We walked back to the hotel stopping for a diet coke for J and an orange juice for me CAD$4.64. I went to the gift shop in our hotel to get a present for our dog sitter and house sitter CAD$22.67.

We went to dinner about 7.30pm after watching the TV and showering. We went to the Red Lobster because I fancied something nice. We had salad and cheese scones as part of the meal but it came first like a starter. I had 2 skewers of prawns, 1 skewer of scallops, rice and broccoli. J had lobster tail, 3 breaded coconut prawns, 1 skewer of prawns, rice, broccoli and pineapple sauce. 1 non- alcohol beachcomber and 1 pint of lager. CAD$65.00 including Tip and it was gorgeous.

We walked to the Duke of Somerset. I had 1 pint of moosehead and J had 2 pints. CAD$23.06.

this is actually a picture of the CN Tower it's the blue bit!

We went back to our room then went to the sun deck on the 27th floor to take pictures of the city skyline. It was really lovely and a better view of the CN tower than the one from our room. We went to the strong room to empty or box. I started to pack and J watched the MMVA’s on the TV. It seemed weird listening to them on the TV as it sounded very flat compared to watching it live.
J sent all the alarms for the morning for the next part of our journey – New York.

Total spend today CAD$297.28.
huneybunny17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

That's a great photo on CN Tower!
Looking forward to reading about NYC, although we are not doing that ourselves!
Toronto does sound great, we have kids with us so I suspect some of our 'excursions' will be a bit more child orientated! We have at least one day planned at Canadawonderland!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 09, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 09, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List