General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 25 Jul 09, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
huneybunny17
Very Serious Dibber

Hoping there is a moose loose - New York Wednesday

Wednesday 24th June 2009 – New York, New York
The cast
Me – 38 (can’t believe I admitted that!) really excited about first trip to Canada and New York
James – 41 just goes with the flow and thinks I’ve got it all under control!

there are no photos of food!

We woke up just before 8am. We went down to Blooms again for breakfast. I had tea and J had coffee and we both had a fried egg and bacon sandwich. $16.00 including tip.

We went to Times Square to catch the HOHO bus to the Circle line. We only went one stop as the bus didn’t get there until the boat had gone! We walked quite a few blocks until we got to the water. We queued to change the HOHO bus voucher for a ticket. We queued for the 11am boat. There is a huge aircraft carrier museum beside the circle line boat. And concord has been added to the site. There must have been a dozen planes on the carrier.
We went out on the Hudson River. There were lots of buildings on the water’s edge, lots of piers and cooling towers for the tunnels. We sailed to the Statue of Liberty and then turned ...wow that was an amazing moment when we saw her for the first time. We sailed back to the pier.

We walked back to times square as it was raining we couldn’t be bothered looking for somewhere for lunch. So we went to Planet Hollywood as we’d got a $10.00 voucher with the HOHO tickets. 1 turkey burger for me and 1 veggie burger for J, 1 water and 1 pint of lager $29.00 ($39.00 before using the voucher) including tip. We had a little walk round some of the memorabilia in glass cases.

It was still raining when we came out of Planet Hollywood so we went to Toys r Us. We went to the Roxy shop and bought 2 t-shirts, one each...buy one get 50% of the second. We went to Macy’s, J bought a shirt, we went up all the escalators to the top, so we could go on the wooden ones, then all the way back down again. We went to Lord and Taylor (another department store) to get out of the rain and I bought clinque! (got a free gift too). We went to starbucks and bought 2 iced coffees, we managed to get a seat, it was full of people using wifi. On our way back to the hotel we stopped at Charlies Cafe for a large bottle of bud.

We watched tv, then changed and went back out. We walked to 5th Avenue to the Barnes and Noble bookstore. Then we walked towards the Rockafeller centre to a restaurant we saw last night with a set menu of $35.00 each. We both had water, the waiter brought us bread and J had a beer. We both had crab cakes made with real crab! Yum. The main course was lobster, clam and mussel bake. We were sitting waiting on our fish pie. The waiter brought us bowls, bibs, lobster crackers and a little fork! So we thought maybe the lobster claws must be sticking out of the pie. Then we get a whole lobster, clams, mussels, baked potato and corn on the cob all oven baked! It was wonderful just a shame we hadn’t taken our camera! The waiter took away our plates and brought hot towels. Then we had dessert, J had key lime pie and I had profiteroles. The bill was $35.00 x 2, 1 bottle of water $7.95 and 1 beer $7.50. total $110.00 including tip.

We went to the food emporium to the supermarket underneath. 6 small bottles of water and a bottle of diet coke $5.88 including tax. We found a wine shop on the way back to the hotel $8.95.

Today’s total spend $288.84.
huneybunny17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Great pics again & I'm beginning to think you two must be real 'foodies'!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 09, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List