Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 May 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

60 Day FP Window Open!

Morning all,

Well glad that's over with as my stress levels are through the roof! . Had DH next to me shouting instruction as it felt like a two person job!

Only onsite for 3 days so after a tip by the lovely lady at Disney the other night went for the approach to start with our last day and work backwards when booking FP's.

Last day... HS and Slinky! This would be 64 days out... only afternoon FPs seem to be left already (tried to modify but no joy ) Unfortunately this did not work with our plans so had to make a swift decision to throw in a TSM and attempt Slinky with a 'rope drop' approach

We opted for Navi River Journey, however, FOP are readily available from what I could see at the minute.

Overall, fairly pleased with what we managed to get.

Last question if anyone can help out please? HS has EMH on the day we are going so what time would you advised we arrive at the gate to give us a chance of getting on Slinky? Also, would it be too extreme to take and uber/lyft on this day rather than wait for Disney Transportation?

As ever, thanks in advance
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
libster
Helping Mickey

First of all, thanks for passing on the tip about booking FP’s backwards (last day first) I never thought of doing it that way, suppose it makes sense as at the 60 day mark everyone is rushing to do theirs and most will start at day 1 of the trip.

Now, as for the arrival time at HS, I would always do 30mins prior to gate opening times, that means standing at the gate 30mins prior to opening, so you will need to factor in your transportation and walk from dropping off point, Uber/Lyft could be a good idea depending on how important doing Slinky is to you vs how long you want to wait inline, I think Disney Buses run 45mins prior to park opening.

It’s surprising the amount of people that will be there 30mins before opening, and then carrying out the Olympic style walking pace to Toy Story, I remember doing this years ago when TSM recently opened, we did the 30min arrival thing and we were very close to the front of the gate, we had our DD with us in a pram at the time and we paced walked (with a cast member in front of us) all the way to Pixar place and in one swoop I lifted our DD out of the pram into my arms while my wife quickly whisked the pram parking zone and quickly caught up with me, it was smooth as silk, looked like we practiced it but didn’t, a few Americans behind us we very impressed by our little operation, we got on TSM in the first batch of people for that day.

Have a great time!
libster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Thanks for the response re rope drop arrival. 👍🏼

Yes, the working backwards worked great. As mentioned we could have got Slinky but it was too late in the day and we need to be at Epcot.
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

Hi, I did FPs yesterday (when I could finally access MDE as it was being glitch). I also couldn't get Slinky but no-one was too bothered, after all it is supposed to be just one notch up from the Barnstormer and we're not bothered about that one either. We did get FOP twice - once for Day 4 and once for Day 9. Also got Seven Dwarves ride for day 8. We chose to have our 3rd HS FP as Star Tours and we will attempt to rope drop Toy Story Mania. Earliest FP for HS is 10am for RocknRoller Coaster but we didn't get TowerOf Terror until 3:50 in the afternoon. A few afternoon fast passes in the first week when I was aiming for them all to be morning ones. It was actually easier to get morning ones for later on in the holiday, especially days 8 and 9, I suppose because many people only go for a week, or only do Disney for a week.
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List