Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Jan 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cooks77
Getting to know the DIBB

Getting Disney tickets for Fastpass?

Hi

We fly out on 25th May, staying at Disney, and I guessed we would be able to start booking FP from 25th/26th March.

We booked our holiday through My America Holiday and the Disney tickets were included in the booking with them. We have until March 25th to pay the holiday balance which I budgeted for when we booked last summer.

I rang MAH the other day and they said they would not send paperwork/tickets etc until the balance was paid in full which I expected, but am now thinking that I might not receive the Disney park tickets until April at the earliest and will miss out on FOP & SDT fastpasses etc.

I asked if they could give me the park ticket numbers so I could link them to my MDE but they said it was too early for them to have the ticket details.

Does anyone know if I should be able to get the theme park ticket numbers sooner so I can book the FP or have I got this completely wrong and there is another way of doing it on MDE?

The only other option is to pay off the holiday much sooner and chase them for the details but would rather not have to do this?

Appreciate if anyone could help/tell me if I've misunderstood whether I need the tickets etc

Thanks
Cooks77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Not heard of this company before, but normally when you book an onsite hotel and ticket package, you don't get physical tickets or ticket numbers. Your resort booking number should link your accommodation and tickets to you My Disney Experience account. Once that's done, you can book your fastpasses once you hit your 60 day mark. When you check in, you'll get given your magic bands and you'll use those for your tickets fastpasses, room key, room charging etc.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

You will have to pay for the holiday first. The ticket numbers are effectively the tickets, once linked to magic bands you could enter the park without them ever giving you physical tickets/ paying for them if you see what I mean.
Watch out though as we had booked tickets with virgin as a package last year and wouldn’t get them until 30 days before travelling. I cancelled them as I wanted them for 60 day FP, so booked with Disney direct and paid outright.
This could be an option for you as you would only have to find the money for the tickets now, not the entire holiday cost.
Old 8 Jan 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
First, just to check, I assume you’ve already linked your reservation to your Disney account? You should be able to link your reservation already (in fact, this should have been possible within a few weeks after booking it).

Did this show your hotel reservation in your Disney account? Did it also show your tickets? I assume not?

Originally Posted by Cooks77 View Post
I asked if they could give me the park ticket numbers so I could link them to my MDE but they said it was too early for them to have the ticket details.
What they mean here is that they haven’t bought your tickets from Disney yet. And, it sounds, they won’t do that until you’ve paid the full amount.

As far as Disney is concerned there’s no issue with it being “too early”. You could buy a ticket from Disney today for December and they will send you the details straight away. So it’s your travel agent that has this limitation on when they will buy and release the tickets.

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
You will have to pay for the holiday first.
This isn’t true for packages bought with many other travel agents. From most travel agents, if you buy a package including hotel stay and tickets then you’ll be able to link the reservation - which includes tickets - not long after booking the package and paying the deposit. Sometimes it does take a few weeks but it’s usually many months before you’ve paid for the rest of the holiday.

If the tickets are bought separately and not part of a package then, yes, you will probably need to completely pay for the tickets first.

However, it sounds like MAH does things differently and, I assume, their terms and conditions state they don’t release ticket details until the full balance is paid. In which case, the OP has no option but to pay off the balance.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:16 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List