Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile tell me what I need to know

We did WDW in April for first Disney holiday and considering DLP for next year. We're 2A and 2C (11 & 8). We want to stay in a Disney hotel but not bothered which. I've not got the energy for lots of planning like I did for Florida.

I know nothing so tell me:

How many days/nights do I need minimum? Could I see it all in 2 full days or do I need more? Was thinking 3 nights but due to times only get 2 days in parks.

Does it matter if I'm only there midweek?

I'm looking at February half term as DS and DH love Star Wars and seen advert or am I better waiting til Easter or May half term.

It's coming in at £900 on Disney website for hotel only. Is this normal? It apparently includes free night. flights are another 100 each 😐

We need to do as cheap as possible as a larger family holiday planned for summer and I'm trying to get a cheeky few nights in 🤔

Any points are much appreciated 👍
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We did WDW in April for first Disney holiday and considering DLP for next year. We're 2A and 2C (11 & 8). We want to stay in a Disney hotel but not bothered which. I've not got the energy for lots of planning like I did for Florida.

I know nothing so tell me:

How many days/nights do I need minimum? Could I see it all in 2 full days or do I need more? Was thinking 3 nights but due to times only get 2 days in parks.

Does it matter if I'm only there midweek?

I'm looking at February half term as DS and DH love Star Wars and seen advert or am I better waiting til Easter or May half term.

It's coming in at £900 on Disney website for hotel only. Is this normal? It apparently includes free night. flights are another 100 each 😐

We need to do as cheap as possible as a larger family holiday planned for summer and I'm trying to get a cheeky few nights in 🤔

Any points are much appreciated 👍
if you only want 3 nights, and with the ages of your children, I wouldn't bother with the current UK offer at all (as thats only going to be a good offer if you stay for 4 nights, and neither of your children stay free as they are both aged over 6). For 3 nights and under-12s free, check the other country's version of the DLP websites (ie France, Netherlands, Germany). For Feb next year you may need to wait until later this year on those sites to get a good discount plus under-12s free.

Midweek is definitely preferable to weekends at DLP, much quieter and you still get all the theme, shows etc. Personally, I think DLP needs way more than 2 full days, its full of detail, my preferred stay is 4 nights and 4 days (but my first few trips onsite were 2 nights and 3 days).

£900 seems very expensive for 4 people for 3 nights in Feb, I'd be looking (for Cheyenne say) to be paying no more than £600, and thats only if you can't get an under-12s free deal.

Edited at 10:29 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I agree, that seems an awful lot for 3 nights in February. We're paying £1200 for four nights five days in the DLH at Christmas (2A 2C similar ages) and we paid £800 for four nights five nights in the Cheyenne in August last year.

Would you consider staying longer? Four nights is better to get the two nights free offer (which we had for both holidays).

Also, if you're staying onsite, you're missing out on two days of park tickets if you do three nights (which entitles you to four days' park tickets) and only have two days in the park. Could you book somewhere cheap for the first and / or last nights to make the most of your park tickets? We stayed in the B&B for our first night last year, then arrived at DLP first thing in the morning to make the most of our park tickets, and checked into our Disney hotel at the end of the day. We went camping nearby afterwards, so could stay until last midnight on our last day too. This time, we're staying in a Premier Inn in Kent and arriving in DLP at midday, which isn't so good, but we're leaving after school, and have a nine hour journey in total, so it's the best we can do. We're staying in a nearby hotel on our last night so we can make the most of our tickets again.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Midweek is great, you won't miss anything other than the crowds - unless the UK holidays line up with the French ones, then you'll get a lot of locals. But because they still use the old paper FP systems and the parks are smaller in terms of number of attractions and restaurants, there's nowhere near the amount of planning needed.

I had 2 nights there (so 1 full + 2 half days - arrived and left around 3pm) and got everything I wanted to do done with time to spare BUT I'm not a big rides person so wasn't spending a lot of time in queues. The few rides I wanted to do were done early in the day and they were all walk on then, so the rest of the day was for wandering and soaking in the atmosphere - my favourite part of any Disney park.

Personally I would go with May over February, as it can be quite cold at DLP and the days are short. I went in early May and some rain on the first day aside, it was perfect weather and light wise - nice long days, Studios still closed early but the main park was open until 10pm even mid-week.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List