Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Can you decorate your own room ?

Hi going for the xmas period do Disney allow you to put decorations up like a little tree and stuff as i know they only pre decorate certain hotels and SL isn't one of them
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i'm sure there would be no problem at all in your putting xmas decorations on the surfaces of your room at DLP (just don't put anything on the walls).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We have an inflatable Christmas tree that goes away with us should we be away at Christmas. It has a couple of sets of lights (battery operated).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

it's really a little tree and lights on it i want as we will be there for xmas day, we have plenty of suitcase space so thought i could pack a small tabletop artificial one so i can put a couple presents under it for our daughter and maybe pick up some christmassy things whilst there to put in the room stockings and such if they have them, we have never been away from home before for xmas so it is going to feel so strange lol.
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

have just seen there is a christmas shop there so that will be handy
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We decorated our room x I took a small tabletop tree that came with lights on and a few bits around the room.
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
have just seen there is a christmas shop there so that will be handy
The Christmas shop under the castle is tiny. We stayed last November though and all of the shops had Christmas merchandise in.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Brilliant thank you, am i better bringing a tree with me or can i get one there ?
Old 23 Sep 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I was thinking of doing this, taking a small tree and decorations with us, then one of us nipping into the hotel to check in and decorate the room while the other stayed in the park with the children. (We're in the DLH, so in the end we decided to save the trouble and just get a Christmas room. If we'd been in SL, I would definitely have decorated our own room.

We are driving, so it would have been easy enough to take everything with us, and I can imagine the cost of buying a tree there being something silly, especially if we didn't have room to take it home and would be binning it. If luggage was an issue, I'd maybe pop out to the shopping centre to find a cheap little one.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

To be honest packing one isn't a problem we have booked with BA and all have a 23kg allowance so not restricted to cabin size bags, will do that and bring some of our decorations with us but get some Disney bits when we get there