Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 12, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All the comforts of home and so much more.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
paul_sheps
Excited about Disney

always stay in a villa with one night on a hotel!

2005: Villa Southern Dunes
2007: Villa Lindfields
2009: Dibb Villa Emerald Island Resort
2012: Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods
paul_sheps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The SPACE !

The early morning coffee by the pool watching the sun come up

Having a snacky tea out by the pool

Having ice cold beers by the pool

Having my own sink in the bathroom so spread out all my toiletries without them getting all splashed by him indoors!

Having a walk in wardrobe

The huge fridge and freezer

Whilst in the house I'm either in my cossie or pj's

Having a tele in the bedroom

I even enjoy doing a bit of washing lol

All in all I find it very very relaxing and last year when we had 3 week in California travelling between hotels, even having a huge suite in Vegas, it was nothing compared to having our own villa and pool to really relax it
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
A place you can call home.

Remember, friends don't let friends stay in hotel rooms!
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
So many positives already mentioned but I wanted to add - peace and quiet. After the hustle and bustle of the parks I love returning home to chill out. Cannot imagine staying in a hotel for two weeks with people walking past the door at all hours of the night.

Debra
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

The luxury of a huge villa with private pool which I will never be able to have myself unless I win the lottery! But I can dream anyway for the weeks I am borrowing someone elses little bit of luxury!

I love all the things everyone has already said and I love the fact that it is so peaceful and relaxing to go back to a villa after a day of busy parks or shopping!

It's lovely to be around people all day who are having fun (in the magic of everywhere), but it's lovely too getting away from them when you go back to the villa and have your own huge quiet space again!

The only problem is my home feels so tiny when I get back there!

For me - villas all the way!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would agree with everyones comments. My personal favourites are sitting by the pool in the morning with my first cup of tea waiting for the rest of the family to wake up and sitting on a night with a glass of wine watching the fireflies in and out of the trees.

Like everyone else says, your own home feels so small when you get home.

Can't wait to get back

Tracey x
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is a lovely thread it it our 1st time in a villa aswell this year (normally there is just me & the OH but this year we are taking our DD, my mum & dad, my bro and his son) and I was a bit concerned about whether it would feel like we were on holiday or just staying in someones house - was worried it would feel like I was intruding
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
leahamy
Excited about Disney

I agree with everything said previously - the independence, sitting round the pool, eating in the villa if you want to (we don't because we are on holiday), separate bathrooms etc. etc. We stayed in a hotel for our first, holiday of a lifetime, never to be repeated in 1993 - our other 8 trips have all been in Villa's and wouldn't consider a hotel again. We returned from our latest venture last Thursday and were able to take a lot less clothes, because of the washing facilities in a villa, which left more room in the suitcases for all the goods purchased out there.
leahamy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Definitely the space is the best thing. We never fall out on holiday when we stay in a villa, whereas we definitely do when we're all sharing one hotel room. I definitely like my own space it appears!

I love just stepping up onto the patio and chilling by the pool. Oh and also the multiple bathrooms, which means there's not a queue for the bathroom when it's time to get ready to go out, with the first of us having to start getting ready 2 hours before we want to leave. Instead we can all be ready within 45 minutes, women included!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread