Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
First time ever

I have decided not to cook so have booked 15 of us for a local pub xmas dinner, food is fantastic normally so fingers x it is on this day never ever done this before but after loosing my sister last year we didn't celebrate and her daughter miscarried soon after I thought this year I'm going to have a carefree celebration and do the best to celebrate life I can
Old 10 Sep 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lausan View Post
I have decided not to cook so have booked 15 of us for a local pub xmas dinner, food is fantastic normally so fingers x it is on this day never ever done this before but after loosing my sister last year we didn't celebrate and her daughter miscarried soon after I thought this year I'm going to have a carefree celebration and do the best to celebrate life I can
We are going out again this year for Christmas Day dinner - just to agree where and then get it booked. Makes for a hassle free day. We pay for the in laws - saves us worrying about what to get them.

Edited at 07:41 AM.
SammyScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Where is this garden centre? Looks amazing, me and my mum love going round the garden centres in the run up to Christmas they tend to have the best decorations
It's called summer hills and its in Basildon Essex. Their Christmas display is massive and very lovely. Dh hates it because I always spend when we visit. One year I walked out with £300 of glass baubles 😱 They're quite lovely though 😊
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

Our first baby is due 20th December so no idea what our Christmas is going to be like this year!
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I always see the start of Strictly as the Xmas countdown.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
Our first baby is due 20th December so no idea what our Christmas is going to be like this year!
My ds was born on 19th December. That Christmas is a blur. I have no memory of Christmas Day at all. I find it difficult finding enough to get him now for his birthday and Christmas because they are so close together. He will be 6 this year. We tend to get him something big in the summer for the garden as an early birthday present then give him smaller gifts in his actual birthday, then he gets a big presents and lots of smaller things for Christmas. Just to try and balance it out a bit.
You may go over your due date and end up having your baby Christmas Day! 😀
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My birthday is the 20th December, and my son was born prematurely last year on the 15th December (wasn't due until end of Jan). We spent last Christmas in hospital with him, so it didn't feel very Christmassy, but even if he'd been home I'm sure it'd have been a blur.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

My DD was born on Christmas eve - yes that Christmas was a complete blur!
I confess I bought some finest mince pies in Tesco's today. ... just for research purposes as they go out of date by end October!

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a Christmas stash in the loft - starts in the January sales and I add to it through the year when I find a bargain etc. I get them down at the beginning of November to check what I've got - there's usually quite a lot
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread