Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile Las Vegas ideas for anniversary

Hi after advice, it’s our 25th anniversary next October ( 2019) and we fancy going Las Vegas, is there plenty to see other than the gambling side of it and any suggestions where to stay? Would we need to hire a car?
I fancied New York but DH doesn’t so looking for other ideas.
Thanks

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We just got back from 5 nights. We aren't gamblers, but had a few goes on a few slot machines here and there.

We filled out time with seeing the strip, hiring a car and driving to Hoover dam and Red Rock Canyon, shopping, eating etc. The highlight was the Grand Canyon South Rim trip on a light aircraft.

We stayed at the Venetian and it was amazing. Plenty of other great ones though - Bellagio, Cosmopoliton, Wynn, Mirage, Aria etc.
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We just loved exploring the hotels, rather like exploring hotels in WDW.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

We're not gamblers either and absolutely love Las Vegas! As above, the hotels were the big attraction for us. We also enjoyed the High Roller observation wheel and the "O" Cirque du Soleil show (bought tickets from the discount tickets booth outside Planet Hollywood). We didn't hire a car and definitely didn't feel like we needed one - we went downtown to Fremont Street one night and easily took a direct bus from the strip, and took an organised tour to the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon one day. We went at the end of October and it was also warm enough to sit out by the pool
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Vegas for our 25th anniversary last year. I wrote a trippie (Let's do Vegas) if you are interested. We didn't do a single but if gambling except for the 1 cent machines and we had a fantastic time. We stayed at the Bellagio and spent lots of time exploring the other hotels but the highlight was the trip to the Grand Canyon.

I was unsure whether I would like it but I would go back in a heartbeat!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I don’t drink or gamble but we are never bored .

We always hire a car and wouldn’t not do , far more to Vegas than just the strip .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Loads to do . You dont need a car for the strip. What we do is hire a car for just a couple of days. Saves paying parking fees as most strip hotels charge to park. We collect the car from a strip hotel. Uber and Lyft cheap so we use that for Walmart etc.and the airport. We have stayed in NYNY, Ballys, Mirage, Bellagio, Vdara, Carriage House, Jockey Club, and Venetian if you want any views on those hotels. By far Venetian was the best. Mirage is a good "middle of the road" hotel. We liked NYNY as well and if you can get a decent price. Some rooms are a bit outdated compared to Bellagio and Venetian but that is reflected in the price.
Grand Canyon is amazing and well worth a visit.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

We are staying at the Venetian for our 20th Anniversary in September. Can’t wait.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
We are staying at the Venetian for our 20th Anniversary in September. Can’t wait.
I am very very jealous I don't think you will be disappointed. Trouble is I want to stay there each visit now. It was lovely having so much space, staff were lovely, and I love the location. Hope you enjoy it and your anniversary.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
I’ve just left after 5 nights, didn’t want to leave loved it
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List