Notices

Old 18 Oct 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Husband positive, Iím negative!

So my husband tested positive for covid last week and I have just tested negative. Heís had symptoms for a week. How on earth am I negative when Iím certain Iíve not had it as husband was shielding. We have not been distancing from each other either. Just makes me wonder if some people have immunity 🤷
Cinderellas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
So my husband tested positive for covid last week and I have just tested negative. Heís had symptoms for a week. How on earth am I negative when Iím certain Iíve not had it as husband was shielding. We have not been distancing from each other either. Just makes me wonder if some people have immunity 🤷
Itís definitely a strange virus... my DD has had it and there are 4 others in the house and we all tested negative :erm
Has your husband been shielding?
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
VIP Dibber

You may still be but it's not shown up as test collected incorrectly
Feb 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge, April 2003 Villa - Indian Ridge, June 2003 All stars music, Nov 2003 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2003 Coronado Springs & Polynesian, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2012 Port Orleans FQ & BLT
Sep 2016 All stars sports, Sep 2019 Old Key West Resort, March 2020, Celebration. August 2020 CSR cancelled, 2021 Birthday trip
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Itís weird isnít it, there are lots of cases of people not infecting the people the live with.

I hope his symptoms subside soon and he recovers well.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

That seems to happen a lot. Not everyone in a family gets it, sometimes only one out of a family unit is positive.
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Itís definitely a strange virus... my DD has had it and there are 4 others in the house and we all tested negative :erm
Has your husband been shielding?
Yes he was shielding in lockdown then started work part time and looks like hes got it from work as other cases in his office. We have been so careful too not going into shops etc!
Cinderellas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are the same. My Dh just tested positive and iím negative. We are family of 4, two had symptoms and 2 not. I find our little family of four test case very interesting!

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My friend had symptoms and tested positive. Her parents who she lives with who are in their late 60s tested negative (keyworkers still so got a test) and had no symptoms.
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Iíve been reading that some people may have a natural immunity as their body produces T cells that can stop the virus in its tracks. Stems from maybe having a cold in the past which could have been associated with a different sars virus. All very interesting. Hopefully as the virus evolves they will find out more.
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Itís weird isnít it, there are lots of cases of people not infecting the people the live with.

I hope his symptoms subside soon and he recovers well.
Yep,but if you so much as glance at a stranger in the supermarket the virus strikes you down instantly - or at least that's how it sounds sometimes on the news
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List