Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Jun 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

My 11 year old DS was diagnosed in May and now my daughter who is 8 has been referred for assessment.

I have been through the range of emotions but my kids are wonderful and the way they think is part of their personalities.

My son ended up out of school for nearly 5 months until this week as his needs were not recognised or met so it is great that you have school on your side.

I ultimately feel that the diagnoses will help understanding and that my son (and hopefully daughter) will be able to reach their full potential. Time will tell.

Hearing it out loud is difficult though so be gentle on yourself.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We re on the process of getting a diagnosis of asd and ADHD for our daughter (6) What a huge battle it is. I can fully understand how you feel. It's something you battle for and deep in your heart know yet once it's here it's a shock. I know when and if it happens I ll be the same.
My daughter was also two months premature.
Lots of love x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm the parent of a child with special needs- both a cognitive and a (mild) physical disability. I appreciate that his disabilities are completely different to Autism so am not here to offer any advice really but I just wanted to send my thoughts to you parent to parent.

I think any "official" diagnosis is understandably going to put you off kilter for a short while, even if logically it's what was expected. When my son was diagnosed with his physical disability, which is much less significant than his cognitive disability, it floored me (albeit briefly) despite the symptoms being clear and a physiotherapist having worked on the problems for some time. Take it easy on yourself while you process the formality and hopefully soon it'll be business as normal for you and your family x

Edited at 08:11 PM.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't have any guidance however simply need to wish you well and expectation you get all the help you and your child require
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List