Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone booked and flown via dublin? We are not too far away via a ferry and they are about £1000 cheaper than flying from manchester!

Anyone ever done it and any issue?
Old 28 Sep 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Anyone booked and flown via dublin? We are not too far away via a ferry and they are about £1000 cheaper than flying from manchester!

Anyone ever done it and any issue?
Few times, its fab clearing immigration, would always choose dublin if price comparable
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Few times, its fab clearing immigration, would always choose dublin if price comparable
Flights from manchester £2800-3000 but dublin is coming up about £1800-2000
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Try putting in London All instead of just Heathrow. U can get a cheap hotel night before if u get a good saving on flights from Gatwick.

Try MCO, TPA and Mia as destination. The return date is where I found best savings by changing that. Tampa isn't a massive amount drive time than MCO.

Try your preferred dates then keep changing the out and in by one day at a time making notes to compare later. But only do one at a time on the out and in flights.
I’ve not much wiggle room on the return. Our schools are back on the 1st September and my OH is a teacher 🙈
Will be flexible on my outgoing dates though. Thanks for the tip.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Flights from manchester £2800-3000 but dublin is coming up about £1800-2000
What dates are you looking at baldybouncer?
I’m stuck with mid-August and Manchester flight prices are scandalous.😱
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
What dates are you looking at baldybouncer?
I’m stuck with mid-August and Manchester flight prices are scandalous.😱
We are flying 31st July - returning 23rd August - we are flexible but have hotels booked for these times.

Does anyone know if you are protected if these flights are cancelled due to covid? I know its a way off but the way its carrying on we will never be able to do anything again because of this virus
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

We are flying 31st July - returning 23rd August - we are flexible but have hotels booked for these times.

Does anyone know if you are protected if these flights are cancelled due to covid? I know its a way off but the way its carrying on we will never be able to do anything again because of this virus
I don’t “think” you will be covered as you have booked a trip against the Foreign Office advise to not travel. Need to check your specific insurance plan though.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Gone and booked it:
BA
16th July LHR-Phili-TMP
8th Aug TMP-MIA-LHR
Group W Large SUV
£2642 total (£350 deposit)

I figured with Brexit, Elections, Covid, exam dates TBC etc... that could all push up prices I just wanted it secured, if there's bargains to be had or we HAVE to change our dates, then we will. Kids are GCSE and A levels this year, with Uni looming this is likely our last visit for a while too
We can't go too early in case exams get pushed back (likely), have to be back for A level results day (whenever that will end up being)

Spend the first night in St Pete's, then a night in RPR (Tesco) for 2 days express pass, then a few days VB, air boats, casual Universal visits then 17 nights in a nice Villa which is also now booked and 14 (15) days Disney
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Booked. BA direct LHR-MCO and return. 11th-27th July. 3 adults and 1 young adult with a group s car. £1975.

Car is budget so I’ll watch prices over the next months and see if I can get a swap to Avis if prices drop. Think there’s a good chance as car hire currently v expensive.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboxlo
Helping Minnie

August 5th to 22nd

Taken the plunge and booked a flydrive with BA:
- Heathrow to Orlando Int direct 5th August
- Orlando Int to Gatwick direct 22nd August
- Chevy Suburban (Group L Luxury)
- £3,128

Very happy with that and it was £265 cheaper then what we had booked for this year even though its a day longer
jimboxlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List