Old 5 Jan 14, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
You did good, I think the booking and planning is the best bit especially when it all comes together under budget.
Managed to miss this comment somehow! Yes i was pleased with the price we got in the end! I love having the power to amend bookings ect as well without having to go through an agent!

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
Your hotel picks looks lovely. I take it there is a shuttle to Disneyland from your hotel? I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim when I was there and that was a lovely hotel, could probably have walked to the park from there but by the time I'd done that I knew I wouldn't want to do any more walking! You will love the Yosemite view lodge, the rooms are pretty big with a fireplace and a huge bath tub. We had a balcony with a view of the river it was so nice. San Francisco and Yosemite were 2 of my favourite places to visit in all of California
Yes the Ayres has a shuttle to the parks (at a small cost ) Still looks like a fab hotel for the price though!

Glad to hear that about the Yosemite View Lodge! Sounds lovely! San Fran is the main reason we booked this trip! I cannot wait to visit !
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 14, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

This trip looks fantastic. I have only just got over your New York trip, which got me wanting to book, now I don't know what to do. I need to plan which we would like to do first, East coast or West. Our sons are 14 and 12 and both places have some fab thing for all of us.
Back to the drawing board.
Happy planning.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 14, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Abi, what a great trip you have planned. The West Coast is amazing, very envious. We had a wonderful time there and hope to go back, we didn't get to Yosemite or San Diego.
You have some great hotel deals there. Happy planning !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 14, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
This trip looks fantastic. I have only just got over your New York trip, which got me wanting to book, now I don't know what to do. I need to plan which we would like to do first, East coast or West. Our sons are 14 and 12 and both places have some fab thing for all of us.
Back to the drawing board.
Happy planning.
I have just this minute finished tonymc's trip report East & West is best! He combines the two! It sounded like an amazing holiday! We absolutely adored New York and hope to go back one day in the not too distant future! I am seriously looking forward to this West Cpast drive though! I just know we will love it

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Abi, what a great trip you have planned. The West Coast is amazing, very envious. We had a wonderful time there and hope to go back, we didn't get to Yosemite or San Diego.
You have some great hotel deals there. Happy planning !
Thanks for reading! I think we have done quite well with the hotel bookings, i guess we could have got better deals if we waited until nearer the time but I do love knowing its all booked! I can really get my teeth stuck into the planning of each place now!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow all your hotels look lovely especially the San Diego one! Sounds like a fab trip you have planned and coming in at a great price for you both as well I've budgeted £4000 for flights, all accommodation and car hire for us and this has given me good faith that it can be done! Don't want to pay over the odds for a hotel I won't be in much :p
What size of car did you get? Unsure of what to go for as the oh has never driven in USA although he is a very competent driver and not sure what would be best for the likes of Yosemite

k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
Wow all your hotels look lovely especially the San Diego one! Sounds like a fab trip you have planned and coming in at a great price for you both as well I've budgeted £4000 for flights, all accommodation and car hire for us and this has given me good faith that it can be done! Don't want to pay over the odds for a hotel I won't be in much :p
What size of car did you get? Unsure of what to go for as the oh has never driven in USA although he is a very competent driver and not sure what would be best for the likes of Yosemite

We have just gone for a basic car, we may week upgrade once we get there but Im more confident in small cars - even in America!
Old 25 Jan 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

Hi, Abi,

I have been reading your New York's trip report as we are visiting this year as part of our cruise holiday, and saw your pre trip to the west coast which we will be doing next year, initially I thought about going to the west coast last year but booked another cruise holiday and the same this year so next year it will be the west coast and give the cruises a break .
You have done very well with the prices, great savings and all hotels look very good, I will be reading your report when you come back to get ideas and tips although we may add Hawaii, and do San Francisco, Hawaii and Los Angeles.
Thank you for all the information. Enjoy your Florida trip.
FairyMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Omg Abi! I can't keep up with you and your holiday plans! Haven't even been to Florida yet and you're already planning the next holibob

I really need some inspiration. I've wanted to go to the west coast for ages but Florida is just so much more simple, and when I costed up a west coast trip it was much more expensive than going Florida for 3 weeks!

Think I should go and read some trippies to try and find some west coast love!

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 14, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Lovely itinerary and hotels for your West Coast adventure, you will fall in love, I am sure!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by FairyMagic View Post
Hi, Abi,

I have been reading your New York's trip report as we are visiting this year as part of our cruise holiday, and saw your pre trip to the west coast which we will be doing next year, initially I thought about going to the west coast last year but booked another cruise holiday and the same this year so next year it will be the west coast and give the cruises a break .
You have done very well with the prices, great savings and all hotels look very good, I will be reading your report when you come back to get ideas and tips although we may add Hawaii, and do San Francisco, Hawaii and Los Angeles.
Thank you for all the information. Enjoy your Florida trip.
Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great time in New York! We absolutely fell in love with it!

Hawaii always looks amazing but im not sure I can deal with that flight! Im really looking forward to San Fran though!

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Omg Abi! I can't keep up with you and your holiday plans! Haven't even been to Florida yet and you're already planning the next holibob

I really need some inspiration. I've wanted to go to the west coast for ages but Florida is just so much more simple, and when I costed up a west coast trip it was much more expensive than going Florida for 3 weeks!

Think I should go and read some trippies to try and find some west coast love!

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!
I just can't help myself! We will have to curb the holidays soon, when we decide to try for kiddies or want to move house but for now we are happy putting all our spare money towards our trips! I think our west coats trippy is going to cost about £5k in total, thats only £500 more than our 2 week on/offsite Florida trip cost last year so I don't think there is that much in it if you can research and get some bargains!

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Lovely itinerary and hotels for your West Coast adventure, you will fall in love, I am sure!
Thanks for reading! I plan to fall for the west coast, with Yosemite & the PCH I don't see how I couldn't