Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Jan 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

Clear Water for the day

We are going to plan a day to CW, we havnt been before and didnt manage to fit it in on our first trip in 2017 so its a must do this year. Does any one have any must sees or must does for when we go. We love the beach so will enjoy a short time on the beach probably first thing or later in the day as well try to avoid the hottest midday sun. We like the idea of watvhing the sunset over pier 60. Does anyone know what time the sun sets mid august? Will we need to leave CW early to avoid congestion times? Whats days are better to travel and visit? Any day to avoid?
We arnt sure where we need to be based tobe central as i can see its a huge place.
We in thinking maybe enjoy the Beach in the morning when we get there,have Lunch, visit the clearwater marine aquarium in the afternoon? and enjoy the sunset from pier 60 in the evening
We will be travelling by car from kissimee four corners area if anyone has any tips on best routes to get there also? we will hopefully have a satnav but arnt sure on timings and places to avoid and routes to avoid with only going for the day we need to make the most of it.
Thanks
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pixiep
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We are yet to go, but on my must do's are to visit Clearwater Marina Aquarium (home to winter the dolphin!)
I'd also love to do SeaScreamer, its a fast boat ride that takes you out to see the dolphins
and lay on the white sandy beach and chill!

I'm sure there are many more things to do, but I'm only just starting to plan myself!

Happy planning x

*2023 Eagle pointe *2019 Bella Vida* 2018 Emerald Isle FL * 2016 Indian Point FL * 2014 Dibb Villa Lindfields * 2012 Bentley Oaks FL * 2011 Calabay Park @Tower lakes FL * 2008 Crescent Lakes FL * 1992 DLP *
pixiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s a straight road to Clearwater so no need to worry about routes.

If you’re staying until sunset there will be no traffic worries going back either but you’d probably be better staying the night in a hotel.

Beach, jet ski, dolphin boat trip, aquarium, lunch etc all means there’s not enough time to do everything in one day so staying overnight gives you more time and somewhere to park and get changed etc.
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry I can’t answer all your Qs but Clearwater is perfect for a day trip.

We went in May and left early, going straight to CMA in time for opening. We drove to the docks early afternoon to ride Little Toot which was fantastic, highly recommend! Parking was easy. (Before we went I printed a money off voucher from their website). It was superb, we had lots of dolphins playing in the wake of the boat.

Palm Pavilion on the beach is a great place to eat and watch the beautiful sunset.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice easy drive and a great place to visit is the Aquarium to see Winter the dolphin.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bolwin1
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Mrs Sunshine View Post
We are going to plan a day to CW, we havnt been before and didnt manage to fit it in on our first trip in 2017 ... Does anyone know what time the sun sets mid august?
According to timeanddate dot com (I'm not allowed to post links as a fairly new member), the sunset mid August in Clearwater will be 20:08. If I recall correctly, that time will the point the last bit disappears below the horizon.
bolwin1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So is it worth staying a couple of nights in clearwater? Can you walk to the majority of things or do you need to drive around to get to anything?

Any recommendations of which part to stay?
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List