Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Apr 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nickys1980 View Post
Think it may be worth our while upgrading the dining plan to.
It's my sons 5th birthday when we go and he loves dinosaurs so wanted to go T Rex and also a character dining experience. To upgrade it works out about £260 extra for the week.
Yeah I definitely think that sounds like a good idea too tbh Even with tips on top of you table service meals, I reckon you'll still easily spend more if you didn't have the full dining plan.
Have you checked out how the cost of upgrading with the moderate compares to booking a deluxe resort with full dining? I know you're looking for a bigger room as you have 5 but we've stayed at both AKL & the Poly with 5 of us in a room and really didn't find it any bother...especially if it's only for a week? Sorry if I've added to your confusion, I know you're mind must be all over the place deciding but just thought I'd put it out there in case it helps at all
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Yeah I definitely think that sounds like a good idea too tbh Even with tips on top of you table service meals, I reckon you'll still easily spend more if you didn't have the full dining plan.
Have you checked out how the cost of upgrading with the moderate compares to booking a deluxe resort with full dining? I know you're looking for a bigger room as you have 5 but we've stayed at both AKL & the Poly with 5 of us in a room and really didn't find it any bother...especially if it's only for a week? Sorry if I've added to your confusion, I know you're mind must be all over the place deciding but just thought I'd put it out there in case it helps at all
That's ok.
Think I worked out its about £600 more to stay at OKW then CBR. I can't remember. I'm still working it out. I get Friday so will book something then so have a few days to drive myself mental 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
You will love it. It exceeded my expectations. How lovely to take your little girl.
The salad you get is massive and could easily serve 2. It was one of the tastiest salads I have ever had, though prob not healthy as I had cheese and ranch dressing etc. Think it is a QS meal, though we weren't on the DDP this time. We often shared a meal between two as the lunch time portions were massive and I hate feeling bloated of a day. We will do that next holiday as we will have a few Signature Meals and as we wont have enough TS credits a few evenings of just having a QS meal and not having to get ready to eat out. Eating out in a restaurant every night for 14 nights can be a bit too much for me.
The noisy pool doesn't get too "noisy" until late afternoon when they start the games so you may find you prefer there. There is a kids water play are right by it, though didn't really look at that.
Really looking forward to YC in August, though will deffo pop over to GF for some meals.
Have a brilliant time.
I know what you mean, I can't eat a lot at lunchtime, especially when it's so hot as well. I tend to lose my appetite a fair bit in the heat. Not sure my OH will approve of sharing though, he does like his food!

Hope you have a lovely time at YC, will be nice to get a brand new updated room too!
Old 24 Apr 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
[QUOTE=Nickys1980;12468408]We won't be going till October 2018. Think they are due to finish June.[/QUOTEHow did you find out when the refurb is finishing. When you put dates in for next Sept it says about the refurb and how it will affect even that date?

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I read that they hope to be done by June. Think it may have been in the hotel discriptions when I was reseearching
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List