Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
We set it up to the manual.

This is why we bought this expensive one rather than a cheap one as it was the soundbar that did (or is supposed to do) exactly what we wanted it to.

Does the TV support ARC?

If it is set up as per instructions it is odd they couldn't replicate it. But you should be within your rights for a refund if it does not work as advertised.

May be spark to citizens advice.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Does the TV support ARC?

If it is set up as per instructions it is odd they couldn't replicate it. But you should be within your rights for a refund if it does not work as advertised.

May be spark to citizens advice.
Yes the arc is the hdmi2 port.

I have asked them to send me a detailed report of what they did to find the faults.

I am wondering how they had it set up cos of things your guys said about optical etc. What if they are doing it that way too?

We have told them what we had connected and what we bought the sound bar for but it is definitely possible that they could have just connected to a tv only using the hdmi cable. Therefore there would be no fault as the video isn’t going through the soundbar at all just the sound which we have no issues with.

It’s doesn’t work how it’s advertised at all and it’s a very expensive item to be sat unused.
I think I am within my rights but they are saying that as they have found no fault then there is nothing wrong with it therefore it’s isn’t faulty and I don’t need a refund.

Sony are saying the same in that all they can do is send it for repair.

What I don’t understand is that the repair centre said they would replace the board and they didn’t.

How am I supposed to trust that if I send it to them again that I won’t get the same lies.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Which came first, the sound bar or the tv?
Bought the sound bar in March.

We realised a problem in July, spoke to Sony who suggested it was our tv as it was 3 years old.

Bought a new tv same day they said that.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Bought the sound bar in March.

We realised a problem in July, spoke to Sony who suggested it was our tv as it was 3 years old.

Bought a new tv same day they said that.
Maybe it’s the soundbar then? It’s also under warranty I assume so might have More luck with that?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Maybe it’s the soundbar then? It’s also under warranty I assume so might have More luck with that?
This was the Warrenty

They sent it to a Sony service centre. Who emailed me and said they would change a component. Then didn’t and set it back instead. Saying no fault found.
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Had a quick google and there are others reporting issues connecting Hisense TVs with Sony soundbars. Could it be the two bits of kit aren't very compatible? Have you tried the soundbar on another TV?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List