Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 14, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fruitbat18
Excited about Disney

fruitbat18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the replies, yes I have looked at a package for Universal which includes the park tickets so could do a short stay in Orlando and longer beach stay, I have been checking out the condo rentals and looks like there are some good deals to be had for September. Will deffo take the opportunity to explore Anna Maria Island too. It is very exciting doing different things and finding new places to visit.

I love the ambiance of the beach towns too, just a lovely thing to wake up to that view in the morning too.
fruitbat18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fruitbat18 View Post
Thanks for all the replies, yes I have looked at a package for Universal which includes the park tickets so could do a short stay in Orlando and longer beach stay, I have been checking out the condo rentals and looks like there are some good deals to be had for September. Will deffo take the opportunity to explore Anna Maria Island too. It is very exciting doing different things and finding new places to visit.

I love the ambiance of the beach towns too, just a lovely thing to wake up to that view in the morning too.
We've booked a lovely little cottage just a block from the beach in Clearwater and have booked a four night stay at Universal - best of both worlds .

I'm really looking forward to a different kind of holiday
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We've booked a lovely little cottage just a block from the beach in Clearwater and have booked a four night stay at Universal - best of both worlds .

I'm really looking forward to a different kind of holiday
Hope you don't mind me being nosy but where have you booked?

We've always struggled to find good accommodation there other than the hotels. We've stayed in a lovely townhouse with another family but it's too expensive on our own
Old 18 Jul 14, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We've had a few beach based holidays on the Gulf Coast. Usually spend the first week at St. Pete Beach as it's only about a 15 minute drive to Tropicana Field for the baseball in the evening.

Normally we'd then head down to Sanibel island or the Sarasota area. This year we're based at St. Pete for the full 16 days but we'll be doing a lot of travelling around, including driving across to Orlando for a couple of days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Boyle73 View Post

We've always struggled to find good accommodation there other than the hotels. We've stayed in a lovely townhouse with another family but it's too expensive on our own
It's called Tangerine Dream, it's one of around 7 little cottages all set around a couple of pools.

If you search Tangerine Dream, Clearwater Beach it should pop up
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We do Florida every year, will be doing it 3 times in 7 months soon.
We always do the Gulf Coast only for 2-3 weeks
We have stayed at Indian Shores, Naples, Bonita Beach & Fort Myers Beach with visits to almost everywhere along the Gulf from Tarpon Springs to Naples.
At most we do a day trip to Orlando & can't wait to get back to the coast.
Lots to do, lazing by the pool, beach walks looking for shells, shopping (malls & outlets), boat trips, dolphin watching, Tampa & Naples zoo, Big Cat sanctuary, Cat Depot, visits to nice towns with Main Street like centres (Dunedin, Venice, Naples etc), museums, sunset watching etc.
We always feel 3 weeks is not enough, never get bored even if lazing by the pool with a drive out for lunch and a wander.
Just a different type of holiday, we're also 2 adults, no kids, for us it's just perfect.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Try the VRBO & vacationrentals websites.
We have used them for 6-7 years now with no problems.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
It's called Tangerine Dream, it's one of around 7 little cottages all set around a couple of pools.

If you search Tangerine Dream, Clearwater Beach it should pop up
I've seen them and we had a wee nosy in April at them, they look nice and they are well located as we love Frenchys Rockaway and Beach fyre.

We tend to stay in the holiday inn, manly due to us normally having points as DH works away a lot. We were able to negotiate a reduced deal with them for cash this year due to staying 17 nights otherwise we would have stayed there.

Be interested to know what your thoughts are of it afterwards.

I know there are loads of condos in clearwater but not overly keen on them with having a young child.

Thanks again
X
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mattscold
Helping Mickey

I have been for 2 weeks in the Marco Island/Naples area a number of times and have always had an incredible time. Great location to see the everglades too and for a nip over to Miami.
mattscold is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I've seen them and we had a wee nosy in April at them, they look nice and they are well located as we love Frenchys Rockaway and Beach fyre.

We tend to stay in the holiday inn, manly due to us normally having points as DH works away a lot. We were able to negotiate a reduced deal with them for cash this year due to staying 17 nights otherwise we would have stayed there.

Be interested to know what your thoughts are of it afterwards.

I know there are loads of condos in clearwater but not overly keen on them with having a young child.

Thanks again
X
Oooh, you've seen them, at least they do exist . Sad as it is, I've actually taken a walk from the cottage down to the beach on Google

The owners have been a delight to deal with, and will be there to welcome us so that's a nice touch.

I'll definitely report back in my trippy - not long to go now! x
Closed Thread