Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 16, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Orlando with an 8 month old

Just after some advice from anyone who has travelled with an 8 month old.

DH retires in March. We have a villa booked for May. If our villa owners are happy we would be happy to pay for our DS, DDiL and grandson (8 months to come out too).

They love Disney and everything Florida related and it's a special time with DH retiring, but we haven't mentioned anything to them so far.

We paid for them to come out this year with us for 10 days before our grandson was born and they came last year for 7 days and they loved it. But now they have a little-one so things are different obviously.

Has anyone traveled with a little one of 8 months old and if so how did you get on?
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Yes I have, as well as toddler and 2 under 10yrs just me and dh, so 4 adults 1 baby easy
Old 19 Oct 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went last year my son was 8 months daughter was 5. My son was easy, happy sat in his pushchair watching the work go by, he slept well, ate well, flight was easy all in all I would do it again with an 8 month old (not that there will be any more babies in this house) 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
no1Disneyfan86
VIP Dibber

I'm going with my will be 7 month old in March, any tips will be highly appreciated. TIA x
Old 20 Oct 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

We went with our son who was 8 months and had a great time. We got some amazing photos of him with the characters.
I think that age is quite easy as they can sleep in the buggy or carrier (we took a babybjorn and it was great as we could go on the slow moving (obviously) rides with him in the carrier asleep.
The baby centres in the parks are really handy too.
Old 20 Oct 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We did Florida when our youngest was that age. (He's 20 in two days). No problems, but the thing that always sticks in my mind is how we dealt with his buggy in the theme parks. Obviously you have to leave your buggy outside the rides and we were always worried that it might not be there when we came out.
We got around it by removing one wheel and taking it on the rides with us - caused much amusement from the other riders and park staff.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by SBF View Post
We did Florida when our youngest was that age. (He's 20 in two days). No problems, but the thing that always sticks in my mind is how we dealt with his buggy in the theme parks. Obviously you have to leave your buggy outside the rides and we were always worried that it might not be there when we came out.
We got around it by removing one wheel and taking it on the rides with us - caused much amusement from the other riders and park staff.
Ha ha, isn't that a song? Three wheels on my wagon and I'm ... etc
Valid point actually. We rented a pushchair for our Granddaughter and bought a real cheap small cable and lock off EBay that we just pushed through the spokes on a wheel. It could be dragged but not pushed so the staff could move it around. Never post to railings though as they will cut it off.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Easier then you think! They get harder as they get older as they have an opinion!

A one piece pushchair , ie one that collapses is the best kind as if you use Disney transport, you dont have much time to whip them out the chair to walking on the bus, while the second parent frantically collapses the chair and follows. You then often need to squeeze in a seat or stand with your collapsed chair.

We were fortunate in that I never throw anything out and we had an old one in the loft that fit the purpose. The silvercross was in two parts, when wheeled base and then to the top portion. This would not have worked so it worth baring in mind.

The other useful thing we had was a UV 50 sun hood that clipped over the main hood which cast a shadow over the legs and provided much better shade!
Old 20 Oct 16, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been lucky enough to have traveled to Florida every year with all 3 of our DDS from when they where all around 8 months (there now nearly 20, 17 & 5) and in all honesty it's absolutely fine 👍🏻 they adapt so quickly and everywhere is geared up for families. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGal84
Gone all Goofy

We went with an 11 month old in January 2014. It was fab but will be even easier for you if they're not crawling yet!