Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Apr 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I take it that they will keep revisiting the issue and rescind the 50% borrow rule when they feel inventory can cope.
Read it again and to me they are saying you can't borrow 100% right now, but they will go back to normal as soon as possible. So not necessarily for the whole of this year. Will keep my fingers crossed as there no studios available next year thus far. My points would be useless without being able to get a 2 bed.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I think this seems quite fair, I appreciate those with plans to borrow greater than 50% for next year will be disappointed. I feel it is especially fair for those who lost trips completely during the closure and would have lost the points too.
I agree, i think they've been very fair, we were impressed with the email last night.

They're never going to find a solution that stops everyone from losing points and still allows enough availability for everyone to book, so it's a good compromise imo.

We stand to lose over 500 points if our August trip is cancelled and they don't then allow the 2021 points to be put back, yes it would be more than upsetting to lose that amount but in the current climate, I'd rather lose the points than one of my loved ones, so will suck it up if it happens and transfer them to RCI and we'll enjoy the adventure of choosing where to go, it's a 1st world problem.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I agree, i think they've been very fair, we were impressed with the email last night.

They're never going to find a solution that stops everyone from losing points and still allows enough availability for everyone to book, so it's a good compromise imo.

We stand to lose over 500 points if our August trip is cancelled and they don't then allow the 2021 points to be put back, yes it would be more than upsetting to lose that amount but in the current climate, I'd rather lose the points than one of my loved ones, so will suck it up if it happens and transfer them to RCI and we'll enjoy the adventure of choosing where to go, it's a 1st world problem.
I understand why they did it, and it's probably the fairest option. I certainly hope i don't lose my points this year so it looks like they are helping to stop that.

However, when i've been looking next year on the whole it's been mainly the larger units available. I thought that was just about OK as we were planning on borrowing to get a large 2 bed. Now we may not be able to do that depending on how long the restrictions last.

That leaves an even slimmer chance of a studio. Can't take the rest of the family who i'd promised we would do a 'big' holiday after all this is over. I haven't told them yet.

I get it's pleased others and i'm happy for that, but the e-mail was far from pleasant reading for us. Absolutely gutting in fact.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I understand why they did it, and it's probably the fairest option. I certainly hope i don't lose my points this year so it looks like they are helping to stop that.

However, when i've been looking next year on the whole it's been mainly the larger units available. I thought that was just about OK as we were planning on borrowing to get a large 2 bed. Now we may not be able to do that depending on how long the restrictions last.

That leaves an even slimmer chance of a studio. Can't take the rest of the family who i'd promised we would do a 'big' holiday after all this is over. I haven't told them yet.

I get it's pleased others and i'm happy for that, but the e-mail was far from pleasant reading for us. Absolutely gutting in fact.
Doubled edged for me. Means I won’t lose this years points but can’t book what I wanted for our ‘big family’ trip next year’.

Can’t please everyone can they? If they made a specific offer to those affected by loss of points the other owners would feel hard done by perhaps?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Doubled edged for me. Means I won’t lose this years points but can’t book what I wanted for our ‘big family’ trip next year’.

Can’t please everyone can they? If they made a specific offer to those affected by loss of points the other owners would feel hard done by perhaps?
I'm not sure. They've done what they've done now. Perhaps they could have offered something exceptional to people losing points - in some other way that didn't have such a knock on effect next year. I trust they know best though.

Doesn't protect us Brits if the parks are open but we can't travel either.
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Yeah I get that as I was borrowing more than half of this years points (as in June 2020 points) to use on the April holiday. I think as some have said they are waiting to see again how long they need to even out the points before they relax the 50% borrowing rule. Could you maybe do 2 or 3 nights shorter to only use 50% borrowing or were you going to have to borrow the whole years allocation?
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by madondisney View Post
Well that's 2021 out the window then. We were planning to borrow 2022 to have enough points to take friends with us. Roll on 2022...
Same with us. We always borrow all of our next years entitlement to get our holiday. Serious rethinking to be done. 🤬🤬🤬
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Yeah I get that as I was borrowing more than half of this years points (as in June 2020 points) to use on the April holiday. I think as some have said they are waiting to see again how long they need to even out the points before they relax the 50% borrowing rule. Could you maybe do 2 or 3 nights shorter to only use 50% borrowing or were you going to have to borrow the whole years allocation?
Sadly even cutting the week down to 4 nights at 50% wouldn't cover it, and i don't think i'd go all that way for that.

Will just have to postpone until 2022 and let the family know.
Old 25 Apr 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Some serious rethinking here as well
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I think they should have just restricted the 50% borrowing to only those who will get their points extended. DVC have now inconvenienced far more people than whose would have been affected if they just lost their points. I don't think they really thought about the consequences enough.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List