Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jul 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrissieL
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes definitely that I think,we still have a booking for August 20th,obviously wont be going ahead but they havent been in contact.
We're the 17th
ChrissieL is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

It's just not good enough, I paid in full back in Feb for my trip in May which we then moved to September, so they're holding onto £3k odd of my money so I expect to me kept up to date with changes, not left in the dark!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Following x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have a booking for 6th August and still haven’t heard anything. I’m really surprised at Disney
2023 - Hard Rock Hotel & 21 nights POR to celebrate my 40th birthday 🥳
2025 - Universal Royal Pacific then back to our home at Port Orleans
Wishuponastar83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Rang today and cancelled for 20th August,lady on phone not very helpful and abrupt but it's done now at least!.They had no idea where I would be staying and obviously I couldn't get there anyway!.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Finally steeled myself to call and cancel. Chap said that we’d be informed to let us know if our hotel was impacted! I told him I know it is - the NBA are currently in it and it doesn’t reopen until 21st September. I also mentioned that it was announced on the Disney website 2 weeks ago! His response was ‘well I don’t have the dates in front of me’. Great that customer services have the most up to date info for when you call then... 🙄
Old 10 Jul 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I am absolutely positive it's lack of information from Disney international; not domestic USA Disney

as they don't want us to travel
Or
know we won't be travelling
Or
Want us to cancel

Or perhaps a combo of all 3 😟

Edited at 06:45 PM.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Finally steeled myself to call and cancel. Chap said that we’d be informed to let us know if our hotel was impacted! I told him I know it is - the NBA are currently in it and it doesn’t reopen until 21st September. I also mentioned that it was announced on the Disney website 2 weeks ago! His response was ‘well I don’t have the dates in front of me’. Great that customer services have the most up to date info for when you call then... 🙄
Yes I said that too about coronado springs closure on website and the cast member said it hadnt been confirmed 🙄,well its definitely on the website!-ridiculous
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok this doesn't effect us as we cancelled in June & the other caveat is DFB are talking about US bookings but on a recent Vlog they stated:
Each Guest must contact Disney
If they didn't then 7 days before check-in it would be cancelled
Not all transfers were Free (!)if you upgraded you paid the difference

Not a great way on doing things, obviously this might not include WDTC but maybe explains why CM are frustrated as they are dealing with the fallout IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrissieL
Helping Donald

When I spent 4 hours on the line to speak to someone they said there was a team dealing with this and we'd be contacted. That was for UK but wouldn't surprise me if we are just being strung along.
ChrissieL is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List