Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Feb 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Pork tenderloin done in the Instant pot, cheesy broccoli that was well cooked and some frozen roast potatoes and roast parsnips. Only had to get off the sofa 3 times to make it. My type of cooking
Pork tenderloin is my favourite joint of pork.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We had lamb chops, steamed new potatoes, peas, butter beans & minted gravy
Dh bought a fresh strawberry cream sponge home from morrisons for dessert

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Coq au vin. Mash. Green beans.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well it was chicken en- croute with roasties and tenderstem brocolli and glazed carrots.

Unfortunately I have succumbed to the temptation of the chippy. It will be vile I have no doubt 😉. All those scrumps and extra salt and vinegar 😋
Old 26 Mar 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Well it was chicken en- croute with roasties and tenderstem brocolli and glazed carrots.

Unfortunately I have succumbed to the temptation of the chippy. It will be vile I have no doubt 😉. All those scrumps and extra salt and vinegar 😋
A family after my own!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Home made Philly cheesesteak on baguettes DH had a Sam Adams with his
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Home made Philly cheesesteak on baguettes DH had a Sam Adams with his
Oh I love Philly cheese steak. Never thought to make my own though. Sounds delish.
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s really simple and a popular Watching sport night tea in hear
I use depends how many folks
1or 2 onion
Red yellow orange bell peppers probably about 2 peppers for 4/6
Either toasted cabata rolls or french baguettes / sticks
Now in Scotland we call it beef ham but it might be sandwich steak frying steak or here a piece of popes eye batter thin to almost see through
Cheese sauce I use a Welsh Raebit sauce as it tasty and you can make it runny
In a large frying pan or griddle stone ( works great on a bbq solid griddle stone as well ) heat some spray oil cook off the onion till translucent then the peppers and you can
Add chillis at this point use a really high heat add garlic if you like till the peppers are charged around the edges moving then in the pan all the time making the cheese sauce at the same time then add the wafer thin steak till it’s cooked meanwhile toasting the inside of whatever bread you are using
Makes a great brunch or family BBQ lunch or big sports day food
Takes 10/15 mins if you are having a packed day and need to feed the madding crowds
Serve with beer or milk shakes the madding crowd love to make there own milk shakes
Again simple or as complicated as you like
If we are well when we were allowed going out all day I prep everything the night before and pip back into the fridge saves that well let’s kust get a take away it’s also if you make the cheese sauce and pop ,in a container a great beach or backyard bbq take along

Edited at 11:34 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
It’s really simple and a popular Watching sport night tea in hear
I use depends how many folks
1or 2 onion
Red yellow orange bell peppers probably about 2 peppers for 4/6
Either toasted cabata rolls or french baguettes / sticks
Now in Scotland we call it beef ham but it might be sandwich steak frying steak or here a piece of popes eye batter thin to almost see through
Cheese sauce I use a Welsh Raebit sauce as it tasty and you can make it runny
In a large frying pan or griddle stone ( works great on a bbq solid griddle stone as well ) heat some spray oil cook off the onion till translucent then the peppers and you can
Add chillis at this point use a really high heat add garlic if you like till the peppers are charged around the edges moving then in the pan all the time making the cheese sauce at the same time then add the wafer thin steak till it’s cooked meanwhile toasting the inside of whatever bread you are using
Makes a great brunch or family BBQ lunch or big sports day food
Takes 10/15 mins if you are having a packed day and need to feed the madding crowds
Serve with beer or milk shakes the madding crowd love to make there own milk shakes
Again simple or as complicated as you like
If we are well when we were allowed going out all day I prep everything the night before and pip back into the fridge saves that well let’s kust get a take away it’s also if you make the cheese sauce and pop ,in a container a great beach or backyard bbq take along
Thank you so much for taking the time to post that. Def going to give it a go. And anything that can be done the night before is a belter. Thanks Helen.
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I just get some one+to toast the inside of the bread and someone else to pop the cheese sauce in the micro I use one of the micro reheat containers with the steam vent thin from the Pounds Shop B& M etc and someone needs to stir it every minute or so
The steak base can be made the night before and microwaved it also makes a good lunch for work if needed it was one of my staples on night shift