Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TheToothFairy
Imagineer

Disney World at Christmas

Hiya,

Is Disney at Christmas really as bad as I'm hearing and seeing?
I know obviously it will be very very busy but would those of you that have been recommend going over christmas to friends and family or would you advise to avoid?
Just trying to gauge it a bit lol.

Thanks in advance!

Edited at 06:47 PM. Reason: changing title
TheToothFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DM275011
Getting Excited

I love it at that time of year. Yes it's busy and it will be much better if FastPass returns but I would still choose it over August!
DM275011 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
It’s busy. We went 2018 and loads of people said it was horrendous, I even remember watching a vlog by the Dis that said it was like saving private Ryan, that wasn’t our experience. I was a bit apprehensive. We planned well and loved it.

I wrote My first full trip report to document our experience because I couldn’t find very many. We did Christmas Eve to 4th January on-site.

The link is here.
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We keep going back year on year and we love it.

However I know we’re very fortunate and in all honesty if it was anyone’s ONLY time they would ever be able to do I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s it’s something you do often then yes it’s worth experiencing.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

It is very hectic, but if you are just going to enjoy the atmosphere rather than tear around trying to squeeze in all the rides, it's a great day.
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

We went Xmas 2019. We only felt it was really busy between Xmas and new year. MK Boxing Day was heaving by 11 so we left but had arrived at 8am so had a good 3 hours before that. We are going for Xmas again next year (as long as masks are gone) - I just hope the weather is better next trip as that literally put a damper on things a bit for us.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve done 3 Christmas trips, the last was 2019. A great time due to decorations and events but plan carefully.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

For a first or only visit I definitely wouldn’t. We’ve done it quite a few times and it has many positives but I would choose other times of year due to crowds, cost, weather etc
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysid
Getting Excited

Mobile

Our 2019 trip ended on Christmas Eve. By the time we left it was the first time I’d ever been glad to leave WDW in 12 years of trips! It just got busier and busier as Christmas week progressed. There were lots and lots of people who felt that they shouldn’t have to queue, so we witnessed lots of bad behaviour from adults. We have previously visited at Christmas, but never past 21st December. We felt the difference in crowd level was huge. We wouldn’t visit during Christmas week again, it was just too busy and bad tempered.

The most amusing aspect of the trip was all of the people touring the Parks in matching pyjamas and onesies. Whole families from tiny people to the oldest grandparents all in matching Christmas sleep wear.
Old 8 Mar 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
HI, never been over Christmas but have been for the first 3 weeks of December and it is beautiful! You get to see all the decorations and enjoy the atmosphere etc but the crowds are a lot lighter and only really build up about a week before the day itself. Well worth thinking about.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List