Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jun 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

Another great heads up from TheDibb! We travel on 31/7/19 so hopefully either the pilot will be extended or the system will launch straight away. Could do with saving some money even on a small element like this. We've become very lazy and just use the E-toll system provided by the rental company which charges $3.95/day up to a max of $19.75 in a month plus the toll charges.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmchessy View Post
Hi

We took part in the visitor toll pass trial that is currently available in Orlando Airport. We had booked in and upon arrival in the car rental area we found the representatives at a stand rather than a desk. They went through our details and were given instructions and the tag to be hung from the rear view mirror. We attached the tag upon picking up the hire car and exited the airport at which point the tag is assigned to the car number plate. The next day we received an email that our car had failed to be automatically assigned to the tag so we rang up and they manually assigned the tag to the number plate. At the end of our visit when we returned the hire car we simply put the tag in return bin to avoid a $10 charge for none return.

The major benefit of the system is that transactions only take 24hrs to appear on your account and there is no admin fees. Hopefully this will become a permanent as I will definitely use it in the future.

visitortollpass/

James
Hi James, thanks for posting👍
We are using Alamo this year and I believe that opting in to their SunPass is automatic once you drive through a toll.
Should we elect to sign up for the visitor pass do we need to speak with Alamo and ask that their toll pass be deactivated or is it done automatically once signed up to the visitor toll pass?
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by plantyroo View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I've dropped them an email to ask for clarification on the trial dates - i.e. does it only cover travel up to 31st July or is that you have to collect your toll pass by 31st July. I think it's the former but thought I'd double check.
I have done the same this morning!

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We used the visitor toll system and it was faultless and easy, had no push back from Avis, very much got the impression this was one less thing they have to worry about.

Next time we go if this is still going I will certainly use it again. Think all in we spent ~£4.50 which saved a lot.
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Duh_Prez View Post
Hi James, thanks for posting👍
We are using Alamo this year and I believe that opting in to their SunPass is automatic once you drive through a toll.
Should we elect to sign up for the visitor pass do we need to speak with Alamo and ask that their toll pass be deactivated or is it done automatically once signed up to the visitor toll pass?
Hi . There is no electronic Toll Pass on Alamo cars. It's all done through photographic plate technology with the SunPass cameras.
The photos will still be taken as normal but the Visitor system will take precedence over an invoice going to Alamo and then a bill to you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi . There is no electronic Toll Pass on Alamo cars. It's all done through photographic plate technology with the SunPass cameras.
The photos will still be taken as normal but the Visitor system will take precedence over an invoice going to Alamo and then a bill to you.
Thanks for the response Tom, much appreciated.
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Thanks for this op and all the replies with advice. i signed up few weeks ago, never received a confirmation email but screenshot it on my phone, so maybe its my email address.

See what happens when arrive at MCO, cheers.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Has anyone info on the charges that may be incurred after the end of July.
I.e. What will be the admin charge, and will the toll charges still be discounted. For those who have used this, did you get an info leaflet explaining if they continue with the system?
Any info much appreciated.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by plantyroo View Post
We're heading out next month (not been for around 12 years) - how does this scheme compare to Alamo's toll schemes? We'll be doing the Disney parks, Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens along with a few days out at 2the beach.

Bit of a crystal ball question I know but in your view would the visitor toll pass be better value?

cheers
Doesn't sound like your going to come across ot of toll roads. We only normally use toll roads to airport and KSC. We might use the 429 toll just outside our timeshare into the back of Disney but rare so we just pay cash.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazza
Excited about Disney

Im in orlando in two weeks time until 17th July, sounds like I should sign up to this instead of using Alamo's system?
Dazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List