Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Wembley Concert Advice

Has anyone been recently to a Concert at Wembley that can perhaps help with a few questions (I've been to many concerts but never Wembley ones!)

If we are in the VIP Gold Circle bit is there a different entrance or is it the same place everyone else goes in then make our way to the front section?

How much are the drinks (alcoholic & Water!) & How many bars are there (i.e do you have queue for hours for a drink?)

How rammed are the Tubes after the concert - I have checked our route and we can use the 24 hour lines back to the accommodation with it being a Saturday so I am wondering if it's worth heading for a drink or 2 after the concert to let the tube foot traffic die down then head back to where we are staying - if so anyone recommend any nice places to have a drink?

How busy will it be before hand, if doors open at 5pm, do people generally queue up hours before and do the area search everyone regardless if you have a bag or not there for taking an age to get in?

Finally... can I take some capri suns in or will they take them off me haha (the link they sent just said no re-usable aluminum bottles, tins, glass bottles and all water bottles will have the lids removed at security and binned)
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I was there Saturday for Billy Joel. We we in the cheap seats.

Bottled water inside stadium is £2.70. You don't even get the lid! Bars near entrances seemed crowded go to next one empty.

On the walk from tube (Wembley Park) there is a Co-op and Sainsburys (along with bars etc). So we had food drinks there and just succumbed to a bottle of water each inside.

Bags - you are only allowed up to A4 size. Check point before stadium of size, ad check when through turnstiles. We took packs of sweets in in our pockets - you might get away with a Capri Sun!

We left before concert finished - had to to get the poxy last train home. Heard others saying the queue can go down Wembley way, and we could see points of crowd control stopping crowd at certain points - so imagine it gets very rammed. But that depends on crowd size obv...ditto going in - we went in 45 mins before and was easy, no q's

NB t-shirts and baseball caps were £30 each! £18 on Amazon.

Have fun!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Has anyone been recently to a Concert at Wembley that can perhaps help with a few questions (I've been to many concerts but never Wembley ones!)

If we are in the VIP Gold Circle bit is there a different entrance or is it the same place everyone else goes in then make our way to the front section?

How much are the drinks (alcoholic & Water!) & How many bars are there (i.e do you have queue for hours for a drink?)

How rammed are the Tubes after the concert - I have checked our route and we can use the 24 hour lines back to the accommodation with it being a Saturday so I am wondering if it's worth heading for a drink or 2 after the concert to let the tube foot traffic die down then head back to where we are staying - if so anyone recommend any nice places to have a drink?

How busy will it be before hand, if doors open at 5pm, do people generally queue up hours before and do the area search everyone regardless if you have a bag or not there for taking an age to get in?

Finally... can I take some capri suns in or will they take them off me haha (the link they sent just said no re-usable aluminum bottles, tins, glass bottles and all water bottles will have the lids removed at security and binned)
Is this for Pink this weekend?

Your tickets will say which gate you need to enter though - you will not be allowed through any other gate.
From what I can see - people WILL be queuing before 5pm to get into the gold circle and get as close to the front as possible.

Can’t help with the drinks - though the ones at Cardiff Stadium for Elton Last week were £5 plus. We won’t be getting drinks for pink as once we are in and have got our space we aren’t moving!

Tubes will usually be rammed - but so will the entire area, we’re going Sunday so I will be looking at night busses just in case.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can help with a couple of your questions, we were at Wembley for Bon Jovi last Friday. We were seated in the gods so not sure about separate entrance but if I was you I would get there before 5pm to get to as near the front of the queue as possible. We got seated at about 6 and the front of the gold circle was rammed so I imagine people were waiting hours before to get there.
They do a full sweep of you as you enter regardless if you have a bag, didn’t take long though. Remember it can’t be bigger than an A4 sheet of paper.
A Diet Coke and bottle of water was £7! We didn’t queue long, it was at the hotdog place. We didn’t get any other drinks as once we were seated I wasn’t going to keep getting up and walking the mammoth stairs for another one 😂
I would certainly recommend getting a drink after the show or missing the last song to get to the tube station before the hoards arrive. We wanted to stay until the end (Living on a Prayer - classic!) and by the time we had made it back to the ground the queue to the station was horrendous! It took over an hour to get there. There are Marshall’s who hold the crowds back at certain places to stop the station getting dangerously packed. They do play music and get the crowd to join in but I just wanted to get home! If I didn’t have work in the morning then we probably would have had a few drinks to allow the crowds to thin out.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I've always wondered, when you go somewhere where they take your lids off your water, can you not just take a spare lid?! Never done it but it's crossed my mind to!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
General advice is travel light!

They are strict with bags, I don't think you can take any of your own food or drink in as at Bon Jovi on Friday I was seeing lots confiscated.

For pitch standing, you should get there early if you want the front, or else take your chances, depends on how keen you are.

We had seats, but arrived early and ate at the BoxPark, not the cheapest but was a fab burger from Nanny Bills. It was a "fanpark" so Bon Jovi music and a fab party atmosphere.

Drinks are crazy money, think we paid £3.60 for a Coke Zero and pretty much £8 for a cider, but it's a captive audience I guess!

It took us an hour to get to the trains once leaving the stadium, so I guess if you want a quick exit leave at the encore, or rather than walking down Wembley/Olympic Way, walk down the High Street, but they still hold the crowds at the top so not sure how much time that actually gains.

Hope this helps?

Have fun.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

I was there last Tuesday to see Fleetwood Mac. Your ticket will have your entry point, gates A - P I think and then you will see bars and food stands everywhere. Beer was £6.50 and I think a large pink G&T was £9.00. We caught a train from Wembley Central and pretty much walked straight on.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Brilliant - Thanks for all your help guys & Gals!

I was not actually going to take a bag at all, but it's going to be HOT (apparently) and so I won't have any pockets with what I am wearing so I might take a small one... or my Florida Bum Bag just for my phone / money but might try a few capri suns in hubbys pockets in his shorts!

Don't mind paying £2.70 for a bottle of water (probably about the price I expected to be fair) but was hoping it was going to be cheaper than £8 per pint...I might stick to water!

DH said the same about taking some spare lids in so we can take our own water and then just replace the lids once inside with the spares we take so that might be an option!

I am not that bothered about being near the front of the golden Circle - happy to just slot in where ever there is space, I am not a crazy fan that needs to try and touch her legs or make eye contact

Didn't realise the tickets say the gate to enter through so thanks for the heads up there as I just left them in the envelope and put them somewhere safe, I will check them tonight! Assume they don't check the name on the tickets as they are under my mums name as she got them on her AMEX card for us, I remember reading something about Ed Sheeran introducing ID checked to stop touts so I was worried we might me ID'd!

So can anyone recommend anywhere that will still be open for drinks in the area afterwards? Most seem like "pubs" which look to close about 11pm which is when I assume the concert will finish - would rather wait the queue out in a pub ooo or maybe we can walk a little further out from the area and get an Uber... is it safe around there?

We were planning on getting the Tube in to Wembley Central rather than Wembley Park so that we are close to the weatherspoons which has a beer garden haha!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

I was also there for Bon Jovi on Friday - gold circle! Being the crazy fan I am , i arrived at wembley to Q up around 10am! It wasn't so busy as i thought it would be, i was no 35 in Q (Some even crazier fans started a numbering system at 2am! ) my ticket said entrance H, Q on north west ramp. there was also aanother GC entrance, N, round the other side. i was at the side that faced the shopping park and along from the bobby moore statue. the side closest to the wembley park tube, which i used.

Doors open at 5pm, que manic rush to self scan ticket , get the pat down, bag searched and tagged (i had an ultra trendy fanny pack )and wristband given. then super fast walk (no running we were told over and over) along then down the stairs and into the stadium, and along to get a place at the barrier! worth it as I was front row on the left hand side of the stage! Best view ever and not too cramped at the side i couldnt move.
They do let you take bottles of water in though they are meant to make you take the lid off (so you dont use it as a weapon ya know) but they werent bothered with mine even tho i had it out to show them. can also take snacks in but no hot food. i has some cereal bars as i knew once I was in the GC i wasnt getting out! I saw folk with bottles of coke.water with the lids off. some people had brought their own lids to put on tho, good idea.

i left at the end after the band went off stage, around 10:20. I got to wembley park station and on train around 11:10. once i was on the tube it was pretty empty, getting into the station was the worst part. they do hold the crowd and only let people in stages into the station to try avoid crushing as its a tiny station for a 80k attendance concert!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)

Edited at 11:35 AM.
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
I was also there for Bon Jovi on Friday - gold circle! Being the crazy fan I am , i arrived at wembley to Q up around 10am! It wasn't so busy as i thought it would be, i was no 35 in Q (Some even crazier fans started a numbering system at 2am! ) my ticket said entrance H, Q on north west ramp. there was also aanother GC entrance, N, round the other side. i was at the side that faced the shopping park and along from the bobby moore statue. the side closest to the wembley park tube, which i used.

Doors open at 5pm, que manic rush to self scan ticket , get the pat down, bag searched and tagged (i had an ultra trendy fanny pack )and wristband given. then super fast walk (no running we were told over and over) along then down the stairs and into the stadium, and along to get a place at the barrier! worth it as I was front row on the left hand side of the stage! Best view ever and not too cramped at the side i couldnt move.
They do let you take bottles of water in though they are meant to make you take the lid off (so you dont use it as a weapon ya know) but they werent bothered with mine even tho i had it out to show them. can also take snacks in but no hot food. i has some cereal bars as i knew once I was in the GC i wasnt getting out! I saw folk with bottles of coke.water with the lids off. some people had brought their own lids to put on tho, good idea.

i left at the end after the band went off stage, around 10:20. I got to wembley park station and on train around 11:10. once i was on the tube it was pretty empty, getting into the station was the worst part. they do hold the crowd and only let people in stages into the station to try avoid crushing as its a tiny station for a 80k attendance concert!
Ah so jealous! This was our view, see if you can spot yourself 😂. A fantastic concert though

Edited at 11:53 AM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List