Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 16, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Recommend me a cordless drill

As the titke says, i want to get one for DH for xmas but don't know where to startif i ask him hecwill say oh its okay don't bother. Any help appreciated. Oh just wanted to do general diy no heavy duty stuff. Thanks
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Really depends on your budget but I've had a few over the years and recently bought this one screwfix/p/makita-dhp...ails_container
I would highly recommend it unless you are looking to do some serious drilling.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I agree with the post above, good brand. I also really like DeWalt ones.
For cordless which is the only way forward check out the reviews for battery life and recharge time. However this only really affects tradesmen as opposed to a DIY person.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Florida again View Post
Really depends on your budget but I've had a few over the years and recently bought this one screwfix/p/makita-dhp...ails_container
I would highly recommend it unless you are looking to do some serious drilling.
I have a Makita as well which I'm very pleased with for normal domestic DIY stuff. Can't remember the model though sorry.

I chose one that came with a spare battery so I always have one on trickle charge as it may be a couple of months between uses. When I need the drill I put the battery that's been charging onto the drill and the one that's been on the drill goes onto the charger. That way I never pick up the drill to find a flat battery.

Mick
Old 19 Nov 16, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Badabing
Excited about Disney

Bought a Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill with Two 18 V Batteries from Amazon in March, it was £65 when I bought it but is now priced at £75. It is their #1 seller in hammer drills.
I use DeWalt drills at work but they are a bit pricey to buy, & Bosch are just as good.
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

what do the pros use!

Makita

what do I use (badly)

Makita

What are you going to buy

makitauk/products/cor...ssory-kit.html

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Bought a Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill with Two 18 V Batteries from Amazon in March, it was £65 when I bought it but is now priced at £75. It is their #1 seller in hammer drills.
I was given the same one for my birthday this year, very pleased with it.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post

As a carpenter, i must say i always used to love Makita stuff, always been a good maker of cordless, even from the days of the 7.2 V drills

then Dewalt came along

well first came ELU ( who make some great cordless drills ) then along came Dewalt ( I believe Dewalt took over Elu, of course Dewalt were owned by black and decker at the time ) i have a Elu 14.4 V drill and a Dewalt 14.4 V drill, but exactly the same, a bit of tool history

anyways, this looks a very decent buy

screwfix/p/dewalt-dcd...bi-drill/7438g

infact someone asked me recently to recommend them a 100 quid drill, i sent them the above link

though saying that, you will not go far wrong with the Maikta linked above either
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Makita ... end of story. Nothing else compares pound for pound.IMHO of course.

Edited at 12:55 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I would suggest Makita. That is what I am going for now my Bosch broke after very little use (gears stripped).

I have a wired Marits and it is the best drill I have had. I have decided to stick with Makita form here on when replacing my power tools.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread