Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 09, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Cool Booking Yosemite

Had a talk an decided we are going to try and fit in Yosemite into our trip in aug/sept!

Soooo excited! We are driving from San Diego to Yosemite says on google that it will take 6-7hours yawn!

We plan to get in in before Labour weekend (too busy and more expensive) So going on Thur 3rd Sept and driving from 4 am plan to be there about midday, staying at the Housekeeping Camp in Yosemite Valley.

Housekeeping Camp is located along a section of the Wild & Scenic Merced River in the center of Yosemite Valley. This is the ideal location for those who like to camp outdoors without the hassle of setting up a tent. Housekeeping Camp features sandy beaches for swimming and sunbathing, plus great views of Yosemite Falls and Half Dome. Very basic accommodation but we feel we will get more experience that way plus it is only $79 per night!

So plan to just chill after the long drive and explore, possibly go on a stargazing tour in the evening, then the next day (friday) we are going on a Hiking tour (so excited for this!) it lasts 6 hours that costs $330 for 3 of us on private trek then get back have tea, and have quite a few drinks i think.

The Saturday we are traveling home but don't have to leave at any particular time so will just play it by ear that day!

Has anyone stayed near here? x
Old 28 May 09, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We havent stayed at the camp but did spend one night last year at the Lodge.

You wont regret visiting here...we loved it...Id go back in a heartbeat and hope to go again one day but would stay a few nights.

The scenery is spectacular, awe inspiring...its a wonderful wonderful place.

Can you tell I liked it Hope you do to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 09, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roonlou
Apprentice Imagineer

We visited Yosemite last May, and had a fantastic time.

We drove from San Francisco to LA, to San Diego, Las Vegas then finally a couple of nights in Yosemite. We stayed in Tenaya Lodge, which outside the main entrance to the park, 30 miles from the valley floor. It was a fantastic drive and a beautiful place to visit. We hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

P.S. Watch out for the bears!
roonlou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 09, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

We stayed in Yosemite for a couple of nights back in 2004 on our honeymoon. It is absolutely spectacular - we'll definitely go back when the kids are a bit older (maybe 2012 for my 40th b'day, eek! ). Where you're staying sounds fab. I'm going to see if I can find a website - never too early to do a bit of planning
Old 29 May 09, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

ooh that will be great, i would have loved to added a couple of nights here onto our trip but we won't have the time and i want to go back to the west coast at some point to see San Francisco so will go then, it looks beautiful
And go and continue your PTR
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 09, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Like Galaxy we stayed at the Lodge. From our front door we had the most amazing view of Yosemite falls. It was October and they had had snow on the tops. Some had melted and thus the waterfall was in full flood. By our back door patio we had little deer come visit and one night we came back to find a very determined racoon with his arm down a tube of Pringles. (Somebody had left trash out - a BIG no! no!) We dined at the Ahwahnee Hotel one night and I so want to stay there on a future trip. I know the USA has the Grand Canyon (which we've visted) and Yellowstone and many other great national parks but Yosemite is just so, so beautiful. My thanks to John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt for saving it not just for America but for the world to enjoy.

El Capitan (on left) and Half Dome (on right) (That's the scenery by the way! LOL:

Yosemite Falls -view from our lodge room:

Half Dome (Note the snow):

A mule deer by our back door:

That darn racoon:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 09, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
roonlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
El Capitan (on left) and Half Dome (on right) (That's the scenery by the way! LOL:
Ha ha, that really made us chuckle!

Some great views there.
roonlou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 09, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Originally Posted by roonlou View Post
We visited Yosemite last May, and had a fantastic time.

We drove from San Francisco to LA, to San Diego, Las Vegas then finally a couple of nights in Yosemite. We stayed in Tenaya Lodge, which outside the main entrance to the park, 30 miles from the valley floor. It was a fantastic drive and a beautiful place to visit. We hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

P.S. Watch out for the bears!
We're staying at Tenaya Lodge in July this year, what did you think of it? We'll only be there for a couple of nights.

Thanks!
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are staying at the Lodge for one night this October, we have one night outside the park at a town called Groveland at Hotel Charlotte then early next morning we can head into the park and spend the full day in the park staying at the Lodge this night. We can spend some more time in the park the next day, then we're off to Lee Vining.

I really hope that we see the waterfall flowing, I was expecting it to be dried up in October but hopefully we'll get some melting snow too.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We want to include Yosemite in our trip next year. I like the sound of the camping
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread