Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Where do you want to use your phone's?

If you want to be able to use them abroad and especially in the US for data then you need to consider this up front.

Three and EE are good in this context with the right contract. Giffgaff and the other budget suppliers would make this expensive.

If you don't plan to use in places like the US then it is worth considering some of the budget suppliers.

You need to firstly consider which networks have good coverage for the places you regularly go. From there you can compare the network owners with the companies they supply to.

You then need to look at what services you need and whether you want data sharing, roll over or just unlimited etc.

Do you want to have the ability for calls to be made over WiFi when there is poor mobile signal, as only some provide this capability.

Once you know what you want you can see what providers match it.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Thxs for the replies - can you keep the same numbers
Yes you can.
We are sim only with EE. £18 each a month with 10gb data I think but we don’t share data. I know that’s a bit more expensive but we like that we can use in usa without any charge so just stay with it.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I use 3, 12 month contract unlimited texts and calls, 12gb data for £12 a month.

I like the fact I can use the phone on 3 in the USA without extra charges, I imagine more networks do this now but 3 have always been good so happy to stay with them.

Edited to say it should be £13 a month but we have 2 contacts with 3 so get a £1 off each per month.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I really pushed the boat out when I got my sim only deal. I had a talk talk essential sim with unlimited calls and texts and 250mb doubled to 500mb ( special deal) all for £0 a month. But last few years they now charge me £3 a month.
When I'm at home and work I'm on WiFi so rarely need any data
Used 45mb since 26th sept. Lol
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Just go to uswitch and have a look. I recently switched my daughters £20 3 sim to a £10 smarty sim. 30gb, unlimited mins and no contract.

As others have said if you want ease of use in the US then 3 is your best bet but you can always just get a sim for your holiday.

Should have added Smarty, IDMobile are on 3 network. Giffgaff is on 02. You may need to unlock your phones.

Edited at 06:45 PM.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Spoke to EE to get me pac codes and explained I was leaving for sim only deals with BT and I didn’t know they were part of BT so I ended up with 4 sims with a 104gb to share between us for £41 a month, the nice chap also sorted my BT broadband out and got me a further £10 off a month so it was well worth a phone call (Mobile bill was circa £180 a month before)
Old 27 Oct 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My husband and kids are with id mobile. Each pays £10 per month. Can't remember my husband's exact deal but it's a ridiculously large amount of data which he can roll over if he doesn't use.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

You've sorted yours out now, but if anyone else is thinking of changing your mobile package, then hang on a few weeks as we are heading into Black Friday deal time.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have a 3 Sim, £8 per month, unlimited calls and texts and 8mb which is more than enough for me. Big bonus is I can use it abroad, including US.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List