Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Chercher
New Poster (2)

Mobile Virgin holidays help

Hi ,we have a flight booked for October for Miami with virgin holidays ,i have only paid deposit full payment is still outstanding.I have finally managed to get a hold of someone from virgin and they have given me a price for next year of £4800 for flights for the five of us.So along with the £50 per person admin fee it works out to be over £2000 more expensive than this year.
Virgin are not being very helpful with options ,has anyone else been in the same situation?unsure of what to do next as I don't want to lose the money that has been paid but I just cannot see how virgin can justify that kind of increase any ideas or help would be very welcome
Chercher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

My advice would be to haggle. Do some research and find some price matches, tell them your not happy, but be polite, and use the flying club discount.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Proper flight prices for October next year are not out yet, so any quotes will be "pluck a figure from the air"
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you flights been cancelled yet? If yes then take a refund and run. With the news yesterday I personally would not want to give them any more money at this time.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Have you flights been cancelled yet? If yes then take a refund and run. With the news yesterday I personally would not want to give them any more money at this time.
It is the airline that has filed for redundancy protection not the travel company. Whilst they are owned by the same group, they are very separate companies. No one is suggesting that Virgin Holidays have any issues at the moment (except for a very poor attitude to refunding people money that is legally due).
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Proper flight prices for October next year are not out yet, so any quotes will be "pluck a figure from the air"
This is the real reason your quote is so high. No airline has yet released prices for Oct 2021, and they don't know which ones will be left and how many seats they will be allowed to sell - so they price high on the hope that the flight when it is made available is cheaper than they estimated
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
It is the airline that has filed for redundancy protection not the travel company. Whilst they are owned by the same group, they are very separate companies. No one is suggesting that Virgin Holidays have any issues at the moment (except for a very poor attitude to refunding people money that is legally due).
The problem is that Virgin Holidays mostly use Virgin Atlantic flights and could not afford to buy flights on other airlines at short notice which is what will bring down Virgin Holidays or whatever it's going to called.

You do wonder if Virgin Holidays needs customer cash to survive, otherwise why not refund them in the correct time frame like other holiday companies have done who had more refunds to do.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
The problem is that Virgin Holidays mostly use Virgin Atlantic flights and could not afford to buy flights on other airlines at short notice which is what will bring down Virgin Holidays or whatever it's going to called.

You do wonder if Virgin Holidays needs customer cash to survive, otherwise why not refund them in the correct time frame like other holiday companies have done who had more refunds to do.
I would expect, in line with other companies, VH will only refund the flight part once they themselves have been reimbursed by VA.

Just a supposition. No evidence to back it up
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Virgin Holidays told me yesterday they can book Virgin flights up to Dec 2021
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

We were booked with vh due to fly Oct 7th, I eventually got through to them on the day my balance was due, we ended up taken a credit note for our deposit of £875 which has to be used no later than January 2021. A week after we took our credit note I found a deal online with kenwood travel their deal was £400 cheaper than what virgin were offering and they couldn’t price match! Was the exact same itinerary! We have now decided that Oct 2022 will be the year we return and we are using our deposit money towards park tickets which is allowed.

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List