Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 28 Mar 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rjdeadams View Post
How does the DAS card work with the fasts? I've already input my fasts to make sure i had those in just in case we didn't get the DAS.

think of each of the DAS returns as an additionnal fastpass on top of your initial 3FP+ (and those you could get after you use those 3)

they are not really fastpasses (I use the term to make it simple) but they work the same way

you'll see them on your app.

In the unlikely event that the ride you have DAS for, breaks down, you will receive an email on your MDX registered adress, and Disney will give you a list of alternative rides to use it at, and give you instructions.

chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We found the das worked brilliantly alongside the fastpasses we made, we did the same and had secured our fastpasses in advance but it was great for later on in the day as things got busier and rather than wait we just went back at the time they gave us. I think we only used it about half a dozen times at the most but each time we used it , it made a world of difference.
Can the DAS and fast pass cancel each other out if you don't get it right?
Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rjdeadams View Post
Can the DAS and fast pass cancel each other out if you don't get it right?
Thanks.
no

they're separate.
if you look at the first picture I posted above, you'll notice the 2 Test Track returns (FP+ and DAS)
basically it's like you had 2 fastpasses for the same ride

One note though regarding using the DAS return time. The DAS holder must be the first one to scan their magic band/ticket on the mickey head at the entrance of the ride.

the mickey head will turn blue, and the cast member will need to validate (verify it's the "owner" of the DAS *pass*) and the mickey head will then turn green

now, all other guests registered under the holder's pass will be able to scan their bands to validate their access.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
no

they're separate.
if you look at the first picture I posted above, you'll notice the 2 Test Track returns (FP+ and DAS)
basically it's like you had 2 fastpasses for the same ride

One note though regarding using the DAS return time. The DAS holder must be the first one to scan their magic band/ticket on the mickey head at the entrance of the ride.

the mickey head will turn blue, and the cast member will need to validate (verify it's the "owner" of the DAS *pass*) and the mickey head will then turn green

now, all other guests registered under the holder's pass will be able to scan their bands to validate their access.
Sorry about that-I managed to miss your first reply.

That's really helpful and really good to know about the DAS card holder needing to be the first to scan their ticket.
Old 17 Apr 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
think of each of the DAS returns as an additionnal fastpass on top of your initial 3FP+ (and those you could get after you use those 3)

they are not really fastpasses (I use the term to make it simple) but they work the same way

you'll see them on your app.

In the unlikely event that the ride you have DAS for, breaks down, you will receive an email on your MDX registered adress, and Disney will give you a list of alternative rides to use it at, and give you instructions.

Hi can I ask about the pic that you attached showing 6 FP+. Is that the initial 3 that you are allowed in advance plus 3 more after you used the first ones? I thought that you could only get one at a time after the first 3 had been used up? Not sure how it all works!

Thanks