Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I remember on our first trip we visited Ponderosa for dinner one evening (it was still good then)

Under 4's ate for free, however our eldest had just turned 4 the month before.

So the conversation goes like this:

Waitress: How old is the little one
Me: Hes 3 (anything for a cheap meal)
DS: No I am not I am 4 (as loud as he possibly could)
Me: No your not darling your AMLOST 4... remember
DS: No I am not, remember I had a party and everything for my 4th Birthday

So embarrassing, waitress was bemused, the only saving grace was Im not sure she understood our Scottish twang
Old 28 Mar 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

My dad is a very impatient man and unfortunately I have picked up that trait from him but that's another story.
One of my earlier memories from driving around Orlando is the tolls. We were in a long queue to get through one of the tolls when the driver of the car in front missed the basket with his coin throw. Well, my dad was calling him eejit this and eejit that. When it was our turn, my dad proceeded to miss the basket with his throw. He had no more change and had to get out of the car and lie on the ground to fish the coins out from under the car.

Well, the whole car erupted. It was look at that eejit under the car. How do you miss the basket from 1 yard out etc. etc. We laughed the whole way through the holiday about it. Everytime we approached a toll there was silence and then a bit of wooooooohhhhhhhh with a drum roll and then a huge cheer when he made the throw.

Funnily enough, we have used the Sunpass ever since
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry I know I should only say one but I have two moments from last year that I still cringe about!

I was sat watching Festival Of Fantasy in a dress and decided to sit with my legs up rather than laid flat...
5 mins later a woman came over and told me to put my legs down as she could see my underwear I felt like a naughty child!

Also in Tony's Town Square Restaurant, my fiance had a cold meatball which he told me to "try", in stead of eating it I touched the middle of the meatball with my finger right across the table, only to find the waitress right next to us watching about to ask "how is your food"
Old 28 Mar 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracy34 View Post
I was at Wet n Wild...only ankle deep in the wave pool...A little girl was suddenly washed up in the waves and reached out to grab something... She managed to grab my bikini bottoms and yank them to my knees as she pulled herself up...
Not my finest moment..
I actually snorted there. I don't think I've ever snorted in my life
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

On our first visit, when my son was 7, we were queueing for a ride in MK. He was totally immersed in the fantasy that is Disney. A family were also queueing and one of them was of dwarfism size. As loud as humanly possible, my son yelled, 'mum, mum, an Oompa Loompa! '
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I seldom wear skirts but I wore a long flouncy one to Universal on one trip. I strolled out of the loos near MIB thinking I was the bees knees until two women stopped me to tell me I had tucked the bottom of my skirt into my knickers.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

Im sure we were the car in front -missing the bloomin bucket lol
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This was at Walt Disney Studios in Paris...I was visiting the Toy Story expansion for the first time and saw a battalion of plastic army men marching through the park close to the parachute drop ride. I ran off towards them, turned back to shout "GREEN ARMY MEN! " at my mum and went flying. My ankle gave out and I had to go to First Aid for a support bandage. The nurse told me sternly not to run around the park as it sets a bad example for the "other children". I was 22 at the time
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mine having done TOT a few times for some reason I completely lost it I couldn't get out the seat couldn't talk shaking like a leaf bang full on alert by the CM paramedics the lot and all DH and DSs could do was laugh until I threw up on DH feet
DH a classic going white water rafting in Tennessee waiting at the loading dock a lovely young man joins our group us and the DSs he asks have you done this before reply a couple of times turns out he was our raft pilot but he looked aboutb12 he did take us down the hardest rapids cause them ndoo s were well up for it DS1 coming out to the villa with his now wife but then GF at immigration and where are you staying at Mum&Dads villa and where is that don't know address but I can drive there this was the second time he'd gone out on his own and said the same thing DW is now used to his laid back it ain't worth the stress attitude and she now is spread sheet queen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I swore at Dale.
We were having breakfast at the Garden Grove at the Swan and I was so jet lagged I'd completely forgotten there were characters.
DH started laughing and shouting, "Look, look! ". I looked, jumped about a foot and said "What the b* h""
Apparently Dale had been posing there next to me and I'd been oblivious.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List