Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile Has anyone gone at 29-30 weeks pregnant?

That is how far I will be as just found out I am pregnant. Most airlines will let you fly up to 37 weeks so that shouldn’t be a problem. Just wondering how people coped over there with being super pregnant at that point!
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Hot, humid and huge ... watching everyone else go on rides you won’t be allowed on .
I’d probably rebook !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I would rebook too. Only because I would be scared of going into early labour and giving birth in the middle of holiday to a prem baby. Yes, there are lots of pregnant women who have flown and been fine, it's just not something I would do in my last trimester. It's your choice and only you can make the choice that is right for you.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I thought for International flights the cut off was 28 weeks, you shouldn't fly in your 3rd trimester. Might be worth checking with your insurance.

Would I have wanted to go when I was pregnant, no way, there's no point, for lots of reasons, but you would hardly be able to go on any rides for a start.
Old 27 Mar 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh gosh I think I'd postpone if it were me. I had 2 very smooth pregnancies and 1 tough one. Wouldn't have wanted to traipse round Orlando theme parks in my third trimester for any of them.
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the advice everyone! We’re not due to pay our deposit until July and also we don’t know what will happen with the covid thing.
I think I will play it by ear. My SIL went in her 3rd trimester and just took it easy. I would plan to do the same but who knows what will happen!
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Of course every airline is different, and the current situation may result in a change of policies so keep an eye on it.
I've linked to Virgins policy page here...mainly as we flew with them when it was our turn !

They allow up to 28 weeks if you have no complications, then up to 32 weeks with twins and a doctors note, or 36 weeks with a doctors note and a single baby.

We did it in 2015 coming home with Mrs Thorpy at 33 weeks. We contacted special assistance, got the form, got it filled in at the doctors and emailed it back to Special assistance. We brought the original on the day. Nobody mentioned the pregnancy or looked at the form either outbound or homeward bound. The process was really quite smooth. One thing Mrs Thorpy did do, was go on Mat leave at the earliest opportunity, so she could relax and reduce the chances of issues. I don't know if it made any difference, but all was well.

The trip was fine. Take it a day at a time, slow it down, drink plenty to keep cool and ours was just like a normal trip really. The biggest headache was insurance. Our annual policy said pregnancy was a pre existing condition...policy started new years day...baby born mid October !
We took an extra one via a broker that specifically covered pregnancy related things and the baby if it was premature.
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

I have travelled at 31 weeks and as Thorpey said I had to get a fit to fly by my midwife.

The hardest thing was finding travel insurance to cover the pregnancy that far on - at lot stop at 28 weeks.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I would go somewhere else, theme parks are no fun pregnant. I'd go for a lovely, lazy beach holiday somewhere, probably closer to home. 9 hours on a plane in 3rd trimester would not be fun, I had sciatica so sitting still for that long would have been awful.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
I would go somewhere else, theme parks are no fun pregnant. I'd go for a lovely, lazy beach holiday somewhere, probably closer to home. 9 hours on a plane in 3rd trimester would not be fun, I had sciatica so sitting still for that long would have been awful.
They do say that every pregnancy is different.
The one mistake we made in terms of travelling pregnant was allowing our other daughter the window seat. So I was sat next to mrs Thorpy squashing her. We should have put the 8yr old in the middle.
We've laughed this morning about how our now 4 yr old was less of a handful on that in utero trip than since