Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I would declare that you are prescribed medication. If it bothers you go to the GP and get a letter confirming yes you need it or no you don't etc just to cover yourself. You may have to pay for the doctors note but in the scheme of things it would cover you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thanks for the continued advice guys. I am so concerned about this I didn't sleep too well last night! Lol.

So on the medical front just to clarify, Dr just said 'when you decide to stop taking it that's fine, just do gradually', which I did. Apart from the prescription being available to me, that's it. It's been a while since I finished it and I am absolutely fine.

What I am most worried about is some insane reaction they may have by me telling the insurance company - if they suddenly ask for £500 extra it could totally ruin the holiday.

But, if I just go now and the 00000.1% happened, as someone put above they actually went as far as testing my blood for medication, I'll be worrying about that the whole time now.

Apart from actually stressing about this, i'm totally fine 😂

Edited at 10:48 AM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

UPDATE:

Called my Dr this morning to update my medical record and officially stop the prescription (rather than there being a question mark over it).

Rang insurance company and was literally shaking as I thought they would ruin our holiday...

But all fine! New policy documents coming in the post and no extra charges!

😀😀😀
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Great to hear and exactly the reaction most insurers of any repute would give. As a travel claims handler in a previous life - and so the "enemy" based on the views of some dibbers who think my job description was wriggling out of paying valid claims - I am pleased you called and gave them facts. I confess I get a little irritated reading criticism of the ethics or attitude of insurers on one thread whilst on another thread people are debating whether to do something as radical as telling an insurer the truth! Great you are covered and hopefully you will have no reason to claim! Enjoy your holiday.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
Great to hear and exactly the reaction most insurers of any repute would give. As a travel claims handler in a previous life - and so the "enemy" based on the views of some dibbers who think my job description was wriggling out of paying valid claims - I am pleased you called and gave them facts. I confess I get a little irritated reading criticism of the ethics or attitude of insurers on one thread whilst on another thread people are debating whether to do something as radical as telling an insurer the truth! Great you are covered and hopefully you will have no reason to claim! Enjoy your holiday.
Thank you!

I can't tell you how relieved I was that everything was OK. I can't imagine how it'd been if I had just gone and had that worry at the back of my mind.

Really looking forward to my holiday now
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thank you!

I can't tell you how relieved I was that everything was OK. I can't imagine how it'd been if I had just gone and had that worry at the back of my mind.

Really looking forward to my holiday now
So glad you got the situation clarified, now you can really start to look forward to your holiday!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List