Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
That's ok for you or who ever has got the extra cash but most can't afford it so it's a fairer system now when it's more affordable for the majority.
Perhaps they could restrict it to one park per visit for the duration of your ticket ?

It's coming for certain
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Could you really justify 2.5k for tickets (what we have paid for 3) then another 3k for 10 days (at least) of fast passes!
Sorry, I may have misunderstood, did you pay $2.5K for 3 Disney tickets? Roughly $830 (£650) a ticket?

Originally Posted by Disneydavey View Post
on top of $25 per day for parking.

With G+ and parking for a fmaily of 4 they've taken $85 off you per day before you've even got out of your car!
Meanwhile, at Universal, with 2-Park Single-Use Express Passes and parking for a family of 4 they'd have taken at least $387 off you per day before getting out of your car.

If you were going this month, then it would cost at least $947 (+tax) just for the family of 4 to get Express Passes and park their car. The 2-Park Single-Use Express Passes cost around $230 per person per day in June. (Hence why I wouldn't expect something similar at WDW to cost only $100).

BTW, parking at Universal costs $2 more than it does at Disney. I predict several people will complain when Disney eventually gets round to increasing their parking charges to match Universal's.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Anyone and everyone can get on all the rides they want. They can always join the regular standby queue* like they would at most other theme parks. Genie+ is only used to skip the standby line; it doesn't provide access to the ride.

They may have to queue for a long time - because these are some of the most popular rides in the most popular theme park resort in the world (plus the ride capacity isn't high enough to cope with the demand) - but the option is always there.

(* Well, except for GOTG at the moment which has a free virtual queue in place of a standby queue)
With the greatest respect no they can't get on all the rides they want.

DHS for example when the wait times for 4 of the rides are over 2 hours each and on some days one of those rides is 3 hours the Park will close before you ride everything.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Sorry, I may have misunderstood, did you pay $2.5K for 3 Disney tickets? Roughly $830 (£650) a ticket?

Meanwhile, at Universal, with 2-Park Single-Use Express Passes and parking for a family of 4 they'd have taken at least $387 off you per day before getting out of your car.

If you were going this month, then it would cost at least $947 (+tax) just for the family of 4 to get Express Passes and park their car. The 2-Park Single-Use Express Passes cost around $230 per person per day in June. (Hence why I wouldn't expect something similar at WDW to cost only $100).

BTW, parking at Universal costs $2 more than it does at Disney. I predict several people will complain when Disney eventually gets round to increasing their parking charges to match Universal's.
But it doesn’t have to be that way unless you want it to.

We get off at Orlando and Taxi it to a cheap hotel (£70 ) at the Universal end of IDrive. We then get a taxi early next morning to a Universal deluxe.

We then stay the night in RPR or similar, (£400 ) and get 2 days off absolutely unlimited XPress pass.

We then leave on the second evening to go to our primary accommodation, having picked up our hire car.

We have paid around $70 in taxis, £400 on a room. £70 for that 1st night cheap hotel = around £500 for 2 full days of express for a family of four.

We have not paid for any other accommodation on those first 2 nights.
We have saved on 3 days of car hire.
We have saved on 3 days of car parking = around £300

Thus, my total outlay for those 2 full days of XPress pass is £500-£300= £200 or £25 for each of us per day.

From then on, I never return before 6pm.. when parking becomes free.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:10 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

We get off at Orlando and Taxi it to a cheap hotel (£70 ) at the Universal end of IDrive. We then get a taxi early next morning to a Universal deluxe.

We then stay the night in RPR or similar, (£400 ) and get 2 days off absolutely unlimited XPress pass.

We then leave on the second evening to go to our primary accommodation, having picked up our hire car.

We have paid around $70 in taxis, £400 on a room. £70 for that 1st night cheap hotel = around £500 for 2 full days of express for a family of four.

Thus, my total outlay for those 2 full days of XPress pass is £500-£300= £200 or £25 for each of us per day.
Can you plan our holiday next year? 😀

There are definitely ways to make trips (anywhere tbh) cheaper.

We do pretty well at getting our trips as best value as possible but things like you mention above do seem to be a little above our planning levels!

There you go..your next exciting career, holiday planner.

Although retirement is probably a better option!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Our Orlando holidays are as much about relaxation as theme parks. We probably spend 3 hours a day in the parks, and one of those hours is having a pint! ( the exception being HHN and a visit to Seaworld)

As a couple Universal is our preference, we love the RPR. Visited the other two but they just didn’t have our ‘vibe’

Annual passes do at least two visits and are half the price of Disney’s, we don’t hire a car anymore, just get a taxi to Seaworld, Disney Springs etc.

We spend best part of our day relaxing at the pool, enjoying a beer and meal outside.
We can visit outside of school holidays, so our trip in September including Premium from newcastle and private transfer is under £5k.

As many others, we have visited many times, done our chosen other places of interest in Florida, as a retired couple when it’s just the two of us, it’s all about the relaxation now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
With the greatest respect no they can't get on all the rides they want.

DHS for example when the wait times for 4 of the rides are over 2 hours each and on some days one of those rides is 3 hours the Park will close before you ride everything.
Again that’s the same with Universal too though, if you don’t have express pass you’re going to miss out on some rides because the queues for the big ones are so long.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

From then on, I never return before 6pm.. when parking becomes free.
Let's actually take the lack of car hire out of the comparison and instead compare the deluxe hotel and the express passes/genie+ and ILL.

Let's say you rent a car at Disney *and* at Universal and therefore must pay parking at each. Let's say you stay the first night offsite at each. The difference, then, is the cost of one night at the deluxe hotel at Universal (with two days of unlimited express passes) vs. one night at the deluxe hotel at Disney *plus* the cost of the two days of genie+ and ILL for each person in your four-person party. And now we are comparing apples to apples.
Old 10 Jun 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Let's actually take the lack of car hire out of the comparison and instead compare the deluxe hotel and the express passes/genie+ and ILL.

Let's say you rent a car at Disney *and* at Universal and therefore must pay parking at each. Let's say you stay the first night offsite at each. The difference, then, is the cost of one night at the deluxe hotel at Universal (with two days of unlimited express passes) vs. one night at the deluxe hotel at Disney *plus* the cost of the two days of genie+ and ILL for each person in your four-person party. And now we are comparing apples to apples.
But those are not the Apples that I choose to eat. I invariably collect my car on completion at Universal and therefore it is relevant to my own calculations in that I save on both car hire and parking.

I don’t eat any Disney apples at all and haven’t for many trips. They cost too much!

Universal apples are also now removed from the menu.. as is Orlando.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:44 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

If Disney want to be like the rest of the theme parks, packing people in and making people feel coerced in to paying extra to ride the rides that the entrance fee should cover, then they will go the same way as the other theme parks. They will not be different, special or magical.

They're getting away with it now because of the rollover bookings and pent up demand from the last two years, but people will remember and not go back. They will alienate their core customer group - families.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List