Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jun 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Which holiday companies for Caribbean?

Which holiday companies have you used other than TUI, Virgin, BA and First Choice for Caribbean?

I’m looking for next summer. Normally I would book everything separately but I’ve got cold feet at the moment and want to book a package. It will be our silver wedding anniversary so want something nice but don’t want to have to remortgage to pay for it
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Caribbean Warwhouse or Kenwood Travel.

We have recently had fabulous service from Trailfinders (to Thailand but they offer worldwide) and have previously used Flight Centre with no issues xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Which holiday companies have you used other than TUI, Virgin, BA and First Choice for Caribbean?

I’m looking for next summer. Normally I would book everything separately but I’ve got cold feet at the moment and want to book a package. It will be our silver wedding anniversary so want something nice but don’t want to have to remortgage to pay for it
Do you have an island/resort in mind?
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We've used a Travel Counsellor for our holiday this year and will continue to get her to price up any future trips.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thank you for the ideas. I don’t have an island in mind at the moment, we have been to Dom Rep a few times and would like to try somewhere different. I was looking at Costa Rica until I saw the average rainfall in July and August so I think that will have to wait a few years yet until we can go out of school holiday times. I’ve seen a couple of places in Jamaica that look good but happy to try anywhere that has less rainfall than Costa Rica. Adults only hotels are looking appealing.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Thank you for the ideas. I don’t have an island in mind at the moment, we have been to Dom Rep a few times and would like to try somewhere different. I was looking at Costa Rica until I saw the average rainfall in July and August so I think that will have to wait a few years yet until we can go out of school holiday times. I’ve seen a couple of places in Jamaica that look good but happy to try anywhere that has less rainfall than Costa Rica. Adults only hotels are looking appealing.
We stayed in the Couples San Souci in Jamaica - it was fabulous! We had 14 nights but i think 10 would have been perfect.

We have friends that do Barbados every year and love it!

Caribbean is definitely on my to do list!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We are trying 10 nights in Barbados this year as the kids are older and we’re really looking forward to it. We’ve booked with Virgin as we have had a Disney trip carried over for three years and instead of having young teenagers we now have young adults so a change of holiday type was required
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Have you thought of doing a Caribbean Cruise? First time we did a cruise we did 1 week in Orlando with a week on a Caribbean Cruise. It was a fantastic way of introducing ourselves both to cruising and the Caribbean. In fact we're of on another cruise this year to Barbados, St Kitts, Aruba, Martinique and St Lucia.
You can also do a weeks cruise and a weeks stay on one of the island like Jamaica or Barbados etc
Old 25 Jun 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been to Barbados 5 times and love it. The south of the island is less expensive but some areas are a bit noisy at night eg The Gap. The west coast is beautiful but can be expensive, however all inclusive is easier. Snorkelling and sail trips are great. East coast is spectacular but rocky and the sea can be rough. Our favourite other than Florida
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List