Old 4 Nov 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Genie plus ticket thread

I've missed much discussion about genie and genie plus etc as it's tagged onto end of other discussions so I thought, if ok, I'd start s thread solely about genie buying on the day or as intimated on other threads for £6pppd if bought for the duration.

Please add to this thread with actual details which I'm still trying to sift through a multitude of threads to see what's what. .. can we keep it to costs etc and how to use rather than for or against as that's running well over on the parks thread !?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

• Genie+ can be added at midnight for day of
  • Genie+ can be for length of trip
  • Genie+ first booking of Lighting Lane =7am
  • Booking of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane Onsite Starts At 7am, both Individual Attraction Lighting Lane passes can be bought one after another
  • Booking of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Offsite Starts at park opening time, both Individual Attraction Lighting Lane passes can be bought one after another
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane Stacking can be done
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane pass is once per ride per day, if you want to go again on that ride, you will have to join the standby line
  • If a ride goes down and you have either booked a Genie+ Lightning Lane or paid for an Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, you will get an anytime pass for that ride.
  • If an Individual Attraction ride that you have paid for does not restart before the park closes, the cost of that Individual Attraction will be automatically refunded to the original payment method.
  • If you have paid for an Individual Attraction and it goes down and you can not wait to see if it will restart, you can go to Guest Services and a get a refund.
  • The touring plan gets up dated according to your location and the info you input such as dining reservations and must do rides
  • Pay once for Genie+ and use across all parks in one day as long as you have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation
  • Individual Attractions can choose a specific time for Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • Rides included in Genie+ choose next available time Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • No cancellations of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, use it or lose it
  • Genie + Lightning Lane can be cancelled
  • If the return time window has opened, you can not cancel Genie + Lightning Lane pass, a either scan it and don't ride or wait it out until next pass available
  • You can only pay for 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in one day. That’s across all parks i.e. you’ve paid for Space Mountain and Mine Train at Magic Kingdom so you can’t make a third for Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom.
  • You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes. You can just use the free Genie touring plan and buy 1 or 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in a day
  • You can book a Lightning Lane pass for after 2pm for the park you plan to hop to after you have entered your first park. For example if you are in Epcot in the morning and decide to hop to Hollywood Studios and select a Lightning Lane for Slinky Dog Dash for 5pm, when you enter Hollywood Studios after 2pm you could select another Lightning Lane attraction as it's over two hours before your Slinky Dog Dash selection.
  • Genie + now available new UK Magic ticket purchases.
  • Prices are $105/135/200 for 7/14/21 day tickets
  • Discounted £6.99/day on 14 day tickets. No discount (£10.99/day) for 7 day tickets.
  • Full length of ticket only for pre-purchase.
  • To add Genie+ to current Ultimate tickets, you need to ring your TA or Disney and they will do over the phone. It will be added for full length of days of ticket. What they are actually doing is a new booking, changing your ticket to the new Magic ticket.
  • Ultimate tickets 2022 with dining credit booked through 3rd party are being told that if they add Genie+ for length of stay in advance they will loose the dining credit. This is because the TA has to make a new booking.
  • Ultimate tickets 2022 with no dining credit booked through third parties can get Genie+ added for length of stay in advance
  • Ultimate tickets 2022 can get Genie+ added in advance direct through Disney and keep the dining credit
  • Ultimate tickets 2021 can only get Genie+ added in person at the park ticket kiosks.
  • Genie + can be added at in person at the Kiosks at the park. As far as I know, at the kiosks it can be added for full length of ticket.
  • When adding Genie+ you can select which tickets or person to add it to when you have multiple people/ tickets linked in MDE. You do not have to add it for everyone in the party.
  • Annual pass holders can only get Genie+ on a day by day basis, not for length of stay

Edited at 02:23 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great summary. Thanks!
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I was wondering if everyone in the party has to add it in advance or if only one could. My sister and I are on one booking so that’s fine but while my Dad will do a fair amount of rides, Mum won’t do it would be a waste of money for her. I suspect you have to add it for everyone in the party so we now have to decide if we waste money on Mum buying Genie + or risk Dad paying more than he needs to.

If anyone gets an answer to that before I get a chance to call Disney that would be great 😬.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I was wondering if everyone in the party has to add it in advance or if only one could. My sister and I are on one booking so that’s fine but while my Dad will do a fair amount of rides, Mum won’t do it would be a waste of money for her. I suspect you have to add it for everyone in the party so we now have to decide if we waste money on Mum buying Genie + or risk Dad paying more than he needs to.

If anyone gets an answer to that before I get a chance to call Disney that would be great 😬.
As far as I know, from reading trip reports on Disboards, that you can select which person/ ticket to add Genie+ to, even if you have multiple people / tickets linked.

So in your case, you don't have to get it for your mum.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Brilliant thank you do far for contributing.. so much easier to get a handle on it
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

added more info to main bullet list in post 2
  • To add Genie+ to current Ultimate tickets, you need to ring your TA or Disney and they will do over the phone. It will be added for full length of days of ticket. What they are actually doing is a new booking, changing your ticket to the new Magic ticket.
  • If you currently have an Ultimate ticket with dining plan, and you phone to add Genie + to your ticket, you will loose the dining plan, as the dining plan is only valid with the old ultimate tickets, not the new Magic tickets.
  • Genie + can be added at in person at the Kiosks at the park. As far as I know, at the kiosks it can be added for full length of ticket at the kiosks.
  • When adding Genie+ you can select which tickets or person to add it to when you have multiple people/ tickets linked in MDE. You do not have to add it for everyone in the party.
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

ATD have converted my previously ordered ultimate tickets to Magic Tickets. I have paid in full but not received them yet. Do I pay ATD to add Genie + or is it something I do myself?
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Brilliant thank you do far for contributing.. so much easier to get a handle on it
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
ATD have converted my previously ordered ultimate tickets to Magic Tickets. I have paid in full but not received them yet. Do I pay ATD to add Genie + or is it something I do myself?
Ask ATD about this