Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Winter sun Jan / feb time

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend somewhere for some winter sun please? Would like it to be warm about for a pool as we have 2 water moving little ones.

Ideally just a few hours flight from London if possible.

Thank you,
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to Gran Canaria in February this year. It was fantastic for a winter week in the sun. It was so much warmer than we expected, sunbathed every day and swam in the pool. Check the pool is heated. In the Canaries I would look at the south of Tenerife and Gran Canaria for winter sun and less wind. We have been to Lanzarote and Fuerteventura in February and while nice not as warm and quite windy.

I have never been but I also seem to be hearing a lot about Cape Verde too. We may consider it for somewhere new.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn't risk the Canaries if you want warm enough to swim/play around the pool all day with kids.

It can be nice, so maybe high teens/low 20s but only during mid day so 13-3 ish .

MIL goes most January's for the last two weeks and it's quite often cold. She'll ait around pool or.on the beach for an hour but with a cardi on.

I used to go February half term when sister was a teacher. Easter was always better

If you want really warm you need to go further. Dubai? Or Carribbean?
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Thailand, Maldives
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Personally I wouldn't risk the Canaries if you want warm enough to swim/play around the pool all day with kids.

It can be nice, so maybe high teens/low 20s but only during mid day so 13-3 ish .

MIL goes most January's for the last two weeks and it's quite often cold. She'll ait around pool or.on the beach for an hour but with a cardi on.

I used to go February half term when sister was a teacher. Easter was always better

If you want really warm you need to go further. Dubai? Or Carribbean?
We must have always been quite lucky then !
One of the worst holidays I have been on for the weather was Dubai. I once went for 10 days to visit a friend. It rained pretty much every day. That was in April. I think that was unusual though.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

A few hours flight from London you’re looking at the canaries and Cape Verde
Cyprus can be nice and warm but not as predictable
Old 23 Jun 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Canaries are lovely but the pools are cold and you can hit some cloudy weather. Cape Verde a better shortish haul bet but we’ve done Caribbean twice in feb half term too
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Jumping on this thread as I'm interested in this too
Old 1 Jul 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Anywhere in Europe is going to be risky I think if pool weather is what you want, if you get unlucky then the canaries or Cyprus etc can be hit or miss. It’s a long flight at 10 ish hours but Thailand is amazing that time of year, a shorter flight at about 6/7 hours for Dubai is a safe bet too.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Agree about canaries, we did lanzarote one Xmas/new year as we thought it was hot all year round. While we had a couple of warmish days we also had some windy days and we didn’t get in the pool once as the water was freezing so it would have needed to be boiling to tempt us in!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List