Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TooHotToTrot
Proud to wear my Ears

Heathrow and VA

Hi,
Anyone fly from Heathrow lately and can tell me how bad it really is?

We fly with VA next week. I see the flight to Orlando was delayed by nearly 3 hours today.
Thanks
TooHotToTrot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew out from T3 with BA on the 14th May. Despite all the horror stories we saw no queues, had no delays at all.
We flew back, landing on the 29th May, again no delays, immigration took about 5 mins, cases slightly longer.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TooHotToTrot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by June8th View Post
We flew out from T3 with BA on the 14th May. Despite all the horror stories we saw no queues, had no delays at all.
We flew back, landing on the 29th May, again no delays, immigration took about 5 mins, cases slightly longer.
That's great to hear!
TooHotToTrot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Flew to LA with VA on 24/05/22 Was a breeze - we had upper tickets, so got the quick security, but it didn't seem too bad in the normal bit. I would recommend getting there as early as you can though, you never know what is going to happen on the day.

Coming back was the usual fiasco at LAX - security is rubbish, then an hours wait to deplane as there was no one to move the plane sitting at out gate, and a huge wait for cases to come round. Heathrow is under staffed.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SpectroBoy
Trying for More Ears

Will Virgin from LHR recently it’s seems the 350s go on time and the 330s are always delayed - coincidence or not? We are flying on a 330 😳
SpectroBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TooHotToTrot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Flew to LA with VA on 24/05/22 Was a breeze - we had upper tickets, so got the quick security, but it didn't seem too bad in the normal bit. I would recommend getting there as early as you can though, you never know what is going to happen on the day.

Coming back was the usual fiasco at LAX - security is rubbish, then an hours wait to deplane as there was no one to move the plane sitting at out gate, and a huge wait for cases to come round. Heathrow is under staffed.
That's interesting. I just spoke to VA special assistance as we have a passenger with special needs and they told us security fast track is closed.
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went with Virgin on 2nd June and back on the 18th June and we didn't see anything at all. We had upper both ways but as someone has already said, there didn't seem to be issues anywhere.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TooHotToTrot View Post
That's interesting. I just spoke to VA special assistance as we have a passenger with special needs and they told us security fast track is closed.
It was open when we went as UC use it

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We went with Virgin on 2nd June and back on the 18th June and we didn't see anything at all. We had upper both ways but as someone has already said, there didn't seem to be issues anywhere.
Same here - out end of May back 6 June and had great experience both ways at LHR (zero queues anywhere (security and immigration on arrival) and baggage very fast . Benefit of Upper tho - the main security lines at LHR looked horrendous when we walked by and ofcourse we were first at Immigration gates at T3. Easy peasy experience
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
It was open when we went as UC use it
Was open for us too (well the Upper wing)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List