Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 May 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Park bookings summer 2022

We go July 2022 I have ordered my tickets with Attraction tickets and paying it off bit by bit, wondering should I just bite the bullet and pay for them I full to book our park days? I have the full insurance so can get full refund if we don't use tickets. I know it's a long way off but I can see on other FB pages people are starting to book their park days. What are others doing? We will be there for July 4th so I know it will be busy. TiA
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Zummerzet
Earning More Ears

If you can afford it, and are guaranteed a refund if the worst happens, I would say go for it. We have paid Virgin the cost of our tickets for June next year, and have booked all our park days already.
2016 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2022 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Zummerzet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Zummerzet View Post
If you can afford it, and are guaranteed a refund if the worst happens, I would say go for it. We have paid Virgin the cost of our tickets for June next year, and have booked all our park days already.
Yes, going to pay them off and book the parks. Thanks for that just needed a little push..haha.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do we honestly think that the booking system will still be in place in July 2022? I hope not. I’ve not decided whether or not we are doing Disney in our next trip yet but I have it in my mind that all will be normal then and no need to book park days?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Do we honestly think that the booking system will still be in place in July 2022? I hope not. I’ve not decided whether or not we are doing Disney in our next trip yet but I have it in my mind that all will be normal then and no need to book park days?
I believe and could be wrong that’s it’s here to stay for 2022. It’s a good system for them to judge capacity, I bet it’s really useful for them in terms of staffing etc. Pain for us guests though.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve booked my park days for Christmas 2022 which seems ridiculous but I know that as it’s the busiest time of the year I want to know I will be getting into MK on Christmas Day.
ElsasGloves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We are planning to go in April and Easter is also a very busy time. I am thinking that we will also have to pay for our tickets right now. My worry is what if we can't go for any reason? For 7 of us the cost of tickets is just so much to lose? Do all companies offer the insurance?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Do we honestly think that the booking system will still be in place in July 2022? I hope not.
Like you, I hope not. And I don't expect they'll keep it.

However, a part of me does wonder whether Disney quite likes the idea of knowing how many people will arrive at each park each day and so they may decide to keep this reservation system even when all the social distancing is over and done with.

I’ve not decided whether or not we are doing Disney in our next trip yet but I have it in my mind that all will be normal then and no need to book park days?
At the moment, parks are only getting booked up about 2 months beforehand. Therefore there is no need to book reservations for Summer 2022 yet.

If you're going in July 2022 then you can wait until around March or April 2022 before you need to decide whether or not to make park reservations (assuming the system is still running by then). By that point, we'll have a better idea of whether the reservation system is permanent or not.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
We are planning to go in April and Easter is also a very busy time. I am thinking that we will also have to pay for our tickets right now. My worry is what if we can't go for any reason? For 7 of us the cost of tickets is just so much to lose? Do all companies offer the insurance?
If you are going in April next year, then you don't really need to start booking your park days until early January next year. Maybe do it at the end of this year just to be safe.

So, you still have a good 6 months or more before you need to decide whether or not to pay for your tickets.

Hopefully, towards the end of this year we'll have a better idea of what the state of travel to the USA will be like in 2022.

It's also worth remembering that in the first part of this year the Disney parks had limited their capacity to just 35% and hence why many of the parks became booked up at Easter. As time goes on, the allowed capacity will increase and by next year the parks will hopefully be back up to 100% allowed capacity.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I have booked our parks for next august, just seemed a no brainer as if it all changes by next year then no harm done and I can always change them closer to the time if our plans change.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List