Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Yeah we would still go, I want this blimmin’ trip done this year. But we’re not going until Q4.

One thing I’m wondering is when the process will be reviewed. Not the country lists, the actual process.
So currently the process for green country arrivals into the UK will be a pre flight test and a day 2 test and no quarantine (I think I’ve understood that right). When will the actual process be reviewed - does anyone know? This testing R/A/G process can’t go on forever. But have they said when they’ll review it? Into September onwards? Into Q1 2022? And what the parameters are for amendment? I’m sure sky news said the process (not the lists) will be reviewed on 28th June. Anyone else got any clues on this?
I think the processes are due to be reviewed on June 28th, and then again July 31st and October 1st.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

That’s what I thought I’d read - thank you. Can’t find it on gov.uk and I’ll keep everything crossed that the testing requirements hopefully are reduced a bit in the coming months.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I think the processes are due to be reviewed on June 28th, and then again July 31st and October 1st.
Our date of travel? October 1st!
This is our major worry. We decide to go, take off and the rules change as we are up in the air or within 24 hours of landing. Yes it could go in our favour, yet if it goes the other way the holiday could be ruined before it even starts.
At the moment just waiting for Joe Biden to make his announcement but the more I hear the more it looks like postponing until 2022
Old 9 May 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

I have everything crossed that they go on the green list by beginning of July which is when the balance of our payments are due, and yes I would go.

Our date of travel is 7th August, I already allowed 14 days on return when we booked it last September in case we had to quarantine so that the kids could go back to school on time, this has since been reduced to 10 days anyway. I allowed extra in the budget for tests but the cost of these have come down since then. My issue would be if we had to quarantine on arrival we are only there for two weeks and travelling round to different places.

So far I only have £440 in deposits on the line in respect of the flydrive.

I feel a bit in limbo at the moment as I haven't booked any hotels and the ones I did try are saying no availability because they haven't reopened.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

It's got to be green for us too many commitments to stay at home.

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Only when we go green can I go as work has not let us work from home at all during this pandemic, so I hardly think they would let me if it was for a holiday.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We can go on green or amber as it would be school holidays for me, and DH works from home, however there are 2 issues I foresee with amber...firstly the restrictions on UK travellers needs to lift obviously, and the other is that if we put USA on our amber list and impose quarantine to US travellers, there is a possibility they could do the same to us. So the ban could lift but a quarantine period on arrival makes leisure travel night on pointless.
Old 11 May 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Test to release on day 5, for example if you leave Orlando on a Saturday and land on the Sunday, when would day 5 be? Do you get results same day? We have about 3 days before son goes back to school if it is amber, just have to wait to see what happens
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicbev View Post
Test to release on day 5, for example if you leave Orlando on a Saturday and land on the Sunday, when would day 5 be? Do you get results same day? We have about 3 days before son goes back to school if it is amber, just have to wait to see what happens
Day 1 is the day AFTER arriving. This put us out as that means day 5 is the Sunday before work 😩
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Ugh my husband is going on a work trip to the US and was due to get back 5 days before we go on holiday. Im guessing we won't be able to go as he won't be able to test on day 8 even if it does go green. We did think that he could just meet me there but then we would have to book an internal US flight and a new one back to the U.K. (around £800 single) as if we don't use the outbound one then the inbound will be cancelled! What a blooming nightmare!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List