Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Jan 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Victoria88 View Post
Hello everyone! It’s been a while but we have finally booked our honeymoon for September this year (only a year behind original schedule but never mind!)
We are staying at the hard rock hotel and haven’t booked car hire as part of our package and I’m now panicking...will we need a car? If we don’t hire a car how easy is it to get around? Are taxis expensive? Any help with this will be hugely appreciated. Many thanks

Firstly what a location to have a Honeymoon if I had my time again it would be our hotel of choice - you will love it. We are stopping at the HRH for the first time in October without a car (previously been 4 times with a car) but once I had looked at the insurance and the parking charges at the HRH(Circa $25 a day inc tax) we could get a lot of taxis for the money and we will probably only go off the universal site a couple of times. The last time we were there I used the car twice once to go to the premium outlets on I Drive and once to KSC. I could have done both journeys using Uber and the coach if I had thought about it. My wife and daughter used a Mears minus to go to Magic Kingdom which the hotel organised and I think that was $45 return for them
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Not necessary in my opinion. You're looking at £300 to hire a car for a fortnight (we get a Mustang/Camero so it's more). Plus parking at hotel (Universal ones anyway), parking at parks, petrol etc. Potential you're looking at $40 a day just for parking ($20 at HRH and $20 at a Disney Park).

Check out Uber and Lyft for an idea of prices and when out the maths. We'll be paying around $15 from the airport to the hotel (Rosen Inn Pointe on idrive) and a similar amount one way to Disney Parks (not doing Universal this time, but it would be only $7). We'll hire a car for a few days to go to the coast but otherwise more economical and convenient to use Uber and Lyft.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List