Notices

Old 18 Mar 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Panic over! The passport has been found and ESTAs done. Just need to call the insurance tomorrow to get that sorted.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Another thing ticked off the list - insurance sorted out! Now that the big 2, ESTA and insurance are sorted everything else can get booked as we see a good price. I’m so mad we missed out on the Aer Lingus flights as we like the idea of pre clearance plus it looks like the seat lay out suits us. I’m going to hold off booking and see if there are any Easter sales.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Yesterday was ADR day but since we don’t have DDP we have none to book. I couldn’t help myself though and booked a BoG breakfast for our MK day! We may cancel but I wanted to give us the option.

Still no flights booked. We’re holding out for Aer Lingus as we like the idea of pre-clearance in Dublin plus the seat layout suits us. BA have some good prices and I may regret waiting but I think it’s too soon to press the panic button. If there are no Easter sales we may just go for BA.

Trip Report Index
Old 27 Mar 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You've got plenty of time yet for flights. We went on 13th September last year and I didn't book ours until 6th July! Got Virgin for £370 return direct from Manchester.

Plans sound fab! Wish we could fit a sneaky week in this year
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
You've got plenty of time yet for flights. We went on 13th September last year and I didn't book ours until 6th July! Got Virgin for £370 return direct from Manchester.

Plans sound fab! Wish we could fit a sneaky week in this year
£370 from Glasgow would be amazing but unlikely . I feel like I can’t get properly excited until we booked flights.

Trip Report Index
Old 27 Mar 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So with only having a week I want to maximise park time. The rough plan based on EMH is:

Saturday - arrival day so probably nothing. Most likely whichever flight we choose won't get us in early enough to do anything anyway. Maybe Walmart if we can manage.

Sunday - DHS morning EMH so up early taking advantage of the jet lag. No afternoon or evening plans and will just see how we feel. Maybe pool time or DS.

Monday - AK morning EMH. I had thought about RFC for breakfast but would want to go pre-park opening and it doesn't open that early. We may consider it for a late breakfast using one of our Landry birthday rewards though. Relaxation in the afternoon with maybe some time at the outlets if we feel like it.
Dinner in MK just because I don't think we'll be able to wait much longer to go there! I have Liberty Tree Tavern booked but not a definite.

Tuesday - MK. There's an Early Morning Magic event but we can't wait for MK EMH as it's not until the Friday. I've booked an 8.15am Be Our Guest slot so we may just stick with that and hope the queue for 7DMT isn't too bad. We'll FP it anyway and at least it puts us in a good position for the rest of the park. Relaxed afternoon and dinner will be DS probably.

Wednesday - No morning EMH but we'll do DHS again given the new Toy Story area. Depending on FP we may even have a long lie! Dinner may be MK as it's evening EMH but we'll see.

Thursday - Epcot morning EMH. We need to get there for the start of EMH as I have an evening at AK planned and want to use the FP's then. We'll also eat in AK at Yak & Yeti using our other Landry birthday reward.

Friday - MK EMH with plans for an evening in DHS to hopefully see the SW fireworks. We'll book our FP for DHS.

Saturday - AK EMH again then if we get a late enough flight we'll move to MK to finish.

I appear to have included a random sentence which I’ve now deleted!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Old 27 Mar 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad the passport panic is over and you have updated your ESTAs. The plans sound great. Hard to let ADR day pass and not book anything, good idea to have a couple of favourites booked up. I think it was also a good idea to slot in MK a little earlier it would have been hard to wait until the EMH before going.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad the passport panic is over and you have updated your ESTAs. The plans sound great. Hard to let ADR day pass and not book anything, good idea to have a couple of favourites booked up. I think it was also a good idea to slot in MK a little earlier it would have been hard to wait until the EMH before going.
I know it was weird not to have requested ADR day off!

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Mar 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Flights booked!

So my patience has paid off and when I checked Skyscanner just there I found Aer Lingus flights from Glasgow via Dublin for £458 each! I had a choice of two flight times from Glasgow - 8.20am or 11.30am so I chose the earlier one so we have plenty of time in Dublin to get through pre-clearance. I have no idea how long it should take but don’t want to take any chances. The flight home is at 9.10pm giving us effectively an additional day which is fantastic. The seat layout is better for us too being 2-4-2 and seat selection is free so we’ve been able to choose already.
Now just to get car hire and the unnecessary airport hotel booked!

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Mar 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
So my patience has paid off and when I checked Skyscanner just there I found Aer Lingus flights from Glasgow via Dublin for £458 each! I had a choice of two flight times from Glasgow - 8.20am or 11.30am so I chose the earlier one so we have plenty of time in Dublin to get through pre-clearance. I have no idea how long it should take but don’t want to take any chances. The flight home is at 9.10pm giving us effectively an additional day which is fantastic. The seat layout is better for us too being 2-4-2 and seat selection is free so we’ve been able to choose already.
Now just to get car hire and the unnecessary airport hotel booked!
Lisa. Well done, good deal on the flights.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List