Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Nov 18, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Car hire or Uber/lynx

Hi we are staying at the Homewood suites on I drive Orlando in May and are planning on visiting both universal and Disney. We really don’t want to hire a car as we have airport transfers. Does anyone have any views or experience on using Uber or lynx to get about to the parks from this location? Thanks in advance for any answers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

You’ll get loads of Uber’s in that area. At $25 parking, I’m surprised more people aren’t ditching the car.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

I used Uber last month as didn't want to drive. It's easy, cheap and you don't have to walk so far to the entrances!
If you have a clarity card or similar then it all goes on that without exchange fees and no hassle.
If you are just doing a park a day it will be less than parking
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

We ditched our hire car to use uber and Disney transport instead, so much easier, less stressful and so convenient, we have been ubering around disney fine!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
May2017
Proud to wear my Ears

Uber (tried and tested)

The best thing we found was door to door service no walking from car to entrance or the mad rush out of the car park

Also see other post on damaged window a cars just another worry you font need

Edited at 12:18 PM.
May2017 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lynx convert here. So easy and very reasonable. Fabulous service. Longest wait five mins. Car park fee at our off site hotel $25 a day. Not hiring a car from now on. Lynx or uber for us x
Old 14 Nov 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

No car for us this year and Uber worked great (stayed at HRH) - I’m toying with the idea I’d not a car on our next trip even though we are stopping in a villa.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Used Lyft last month when staying at Disney onsite to get to US, DC etc even Boggy Creek - no problems at all and cheaper than Uber.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

also should use Halifax Clarity card, as mentioned in previous post. Lyft is the app used by Disney for the Minnie Vans.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by May2017 View Post
Uber (tried and tested)

The best thing we found was door to door service no walking from car to entrance or the mad rush out of the car park

Also see other post on damaged window a cars just another worry you font need
Never mind broken windows on a hire car. Beware of dodgy Uber drivers. You see you can find bad stuff about everything on the net.

There’s risks on all things we do. I’d still Uber, and rent vehicles by the way

wftv/news/local/orla...oman/661364599
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List