Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Off-Site - 60 Day Fast Pass Workaround?

Hi,

I'm visiting WDW in December 2019 and staying off-site meaning that I will be able to book my fast passes 30 days in advance.

I expect the parks to be quite busy at this time of year, so I was wondering if there is a workaround for getting the 60 day in advance bookings?

I've seen a mention of booking a one-night stay on-site to get 60 days, not sure if this works or not, or if there are any specific way of doing it? If it does, will it allow 60 days in advance for my full 2 weeks visit or only for the one night/day on-site? and how do benefits such as EMH work in this scenario?

Thanks for any assistance.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

yes it works.
you get to book your fps at 60 days for your whole 2-week park ticket validity, but apart from your check-in and checkout dates onsite, you can only book them one day at a time, on a rolling 60-day basis.
you are entitled to EMH on both your check-in and checkout dates onsite (if EMH are offered on these days).
you are also entitled to free magicbands for everyone booked into the onsite hotel for one night.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Thanks for the speedy response.

As it’s a one night stay I can’t book my tickets via the Disney website, so will this work with tickets purchased elsewhere (ie Floridatix or alternative)?

I assume I link my tickets and my hotel stay through the MDE app to start booking 60 days ahead of time?

Any help or guides would be greatly appreciated - don’t want to do it wrong and be out of pocket
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KevinCosmos View Post
Thanks for the speedy response.

As it’s a one night stay I can’t book my tickets via the Disney website, so will this work with tickets purchased elsewhere (ie Floridatix or alternative)?

I assume I link my tickets and my hotel stay through the MDE app to start booking 60 days ahead of time?

Any help or guides would be greatly appreciated - don’t want to do it wrong and be out of pocket
you've got it - I didn't buy either my Disney park tickets nor my onsite hotel stay through Disney, I bought them separately through whoever was doing the best deal, then linked them both to my MDE account, more than 60 days ahead, to allow me to book my fps at 60 days.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Make sure you book it at the start of your holiday to get full benefit of the fp booking and magic bands usage. You also can get this by renting dvc points for 1 night if you fancy a deluxe at a much cheaper price . Highly recommend aKL or the contemporary .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

As a lot of people will testify on here, doing that doesn't guarantee you'll get fast passes for the 'big tickets' though if that's why you're looking at doing it. People who do 'proper' on site stays can book for every day of their stay in one go for up to 14 days, ie can book up to 74 days in advance.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

One night at fort wilderness is about £50, if even that, and can be for up 10 people. Magic bands for everybody, free park parking for 2 days and 60 day FP.

To gurantee FP for FoP and Slinky etc though you would need to book 2 nights.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Clonlea
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We booked a one night stay this year in July in a value resort to get the magic bands and the 60 day fast passes and it worked a treat! Have to say though a few days we only got fast passes for the new rides later in the day! Our friends who were staying offsite with us only had the 30 day and they didn’t get any fast passes for any of the new rides which was really disappointing for them!
Clonlea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Certainly do it for the free parking & mb's but for FP+ I'm not convinced, for our stay this year the current headliners didn't become available till about day 5 of my 14 days, in this scenario you are already behind everyone able to book 14 days in front of you. also latest rumour on Galaxy's Edge is Dec '19 & I'd expect WDW to be manic!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List