Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Advice on buying 1 day Universal Ticket please

Hi there,
so after much discussion we've all decided all we want to do Universal wise is to visit IOA for 1 day.
So what are my options with a ticket for this? I see the American Universal site will sell a 1 day pass and I can just print it, but it doesn't say anything about 2012/2013 like other sites do? Also, would it be a voucher I would then have to change on the day?
We're staying at RPR so we'll get the early WWOHP entry (I think...) will places be open to buy a gate ticket at that time? Or will I be able to change a voucher at that time?
I would prefer to buy the tickets now, just to pay them and get them out of the way, but I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance,
Kitty
xxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 12, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
Hi there,
so after much discussion we've all decided all we want to do Universal wise is to visit IOA for 1 day.
So what are my options with a ticket for this? I see the American Universal site will sell a 1 day pass and I can just print it, but it doesn't say anything about 2012/2013 like other sites do? Also, would it be a voucher I would then have to change on the day?
We're staying at RPR so we'll get the early WWOHP entry (I think...) will places be open to buy a gate ticket at that time? Or will I be able to change a voucher at that time?
I would prefer to buy the tickets now, just to pay them and get them out of the way, but I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance,
Kitty
xxxx
I have heard of people being stuck for ages trying to exchange their vouchers, so that might be worth making sure you get a proper ticket. But then guessing you could check in one evening, exchange your voucher for a ticket that night, and then be all set to activate it for the next day?

There is honestly some good stuff in the universal park though. Looking at the 2012 prices, you are only talking an extra $10 say for the two parks, two day ticket. I'd be tempted to check in late afternoon maybe one day, use your FOTL pass for things at Universal like Simpsons, Despicable Me, The Mummy, oh and Transformers would be open by then too! Men in Black is also really good fun. That way you are getting a bit more for your money, especially if you are doing an overnight stay at the hotel. I can understand why you might not want to 'lose' a whole day in going to universal though, but assuming the park hours worked out for you, that could be an option.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 12, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
I have heard of people being stuck for ages trying to exchange their vouchers, so that might be worth making sure you get a proper ticket. But then guessing you could check in one evening, exchange your voucher for a ticket that night, and then be all set to activate it for the next day?

There is honestly some good stuff in the universal park though. Looking at the 2012 prices, you are only talking an extra $10 say for the two parks, two day ticket. I'd be tempted to check in late afternoon maybe one day, use your FOTL pass for things at Universal like Simpsons, Despicable Me, The Mummy, oh and Transformers would be open by then too! Men in Black is also really good fun. That way you are getting a bit more for your money, especially if you are doing an overnight stay at the hotel. I can understand why you might not want to 'lose' a whole day in going to universal though, but assuming the park hours worked out for you, that could be an option.
Thanks for your reply
What we're doing though is going straight from the airport (we land at 630pm so imagine we won't be at RPR until half eight/nine?) and then just staying the one night, so we'll only have the following day to do IOA and none of us have any interest in US... well, not now they've taken Jaws

I've heard the horror stories too about Universal and e-tickets etc, which is why I thought I'd ask stuff before I buy. We'll be heading out to Citywalk after we check in for dinner, does anyone know if we could exchange vouchers for tickets anywhere there at like 2130/2200?
Old 6 Nov 12, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hmmm I see your issue then! Not too sure on vouchers that late in the evening, and you would always have the potential of your flight being delayed. September is a pretty quiet time, so I wouldn't have thought the parks would be open that late, unless it's a halloween horror night maybe? I definitely would try and avoid a voucher anyhow!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 12, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Hmmm I see your issue then! Not too sure on vouchers that late in the evening, and you would always have the potential of your flight being delayed. September is a pretty quiet time, so I wouldn't have thought the parks would be open that late, unless it's a halloween horror night maybe? I definitely would try and avoid a voucher anyhow!
yeah, I think you're right. We'll probably just end up buying them at the gate in the morning then... I'm such an obsessive planner though, I hate leaving stuff like that!
Old 6 Nov 12, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
yeah, I think you're right. We'll probably just end up buying them at the gate in the morning then... I'm such an obsessive planner though, I hate leaving stuff like that!
Even then, might be worth checking that the ticket desks would be open for early hours to WWoHP? I would be nervous too tbh! I wonder if it's possible to buy tickets at the actual hotel ready for the next day?
Old 6 Nov 12, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Okay just clicked the 'help' button on the Universal Studios page and in regards to 'print at home tickets' it says:

Print at Home
Skip the ticket booth lines!
Print your tickets at home, and then go straight to the turnstiles when you arrive at the park.
It's simple! You will receive your Print@Home tickets via email. Your tickets will be attached to your purchase-confirmation email. You will be asked to show your photo ID and the credit card used to purchase your Print@Home tickets for verification before entering the park.
It's fast and convenient!
You must have Adobe® Reader® and access to a printer to print your tickets. If needed, you can download the latest version of Adobe Reader FREE by visiting adobe/reader.
Please Note: The Print@Home ticket will be the only ticket you will receive. It will print on 8.5" x 11" size paper and must be presented each time you enter the theme park(s). If you would prefer a wallet size ticket, please select Will Call Kiosk or FedEx delivery.

So, that sounds like it's not a voucher? And does it matter that there's no year on the price (i.e. there's not a 2012 and a 2013 price/option)?
Old 6 Nov 12, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Even then, might be worth checking that the ticket desks would be open for early hours to WWoHP? I would be nervous too tbh! I wonder if it's possible to buy tickets at the actual hotel ready for the next day?
They will have a concierge/ticket desk... it's just whether or not it'll stay open late at night/early in the morning?
Also, and this is off topic, but RPR will store our luggage for us while we're at IOA right? And is it safe to leave like my netbook with them?
Old 6 Nov 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Okay just clicked the 'help' button on the Universal Studios page and in regards to 'print at home tickets' it says:

Print at Home
Skip the ticket booth lines!
Print your tickets at home, and then go straight to the turnstiles when you arrive at the park.
It's simple! You will receive your Print@Home tickets via email. Your tickets will be attached to your purchase-confirmation email. You will be asked to show your photo ID and the credit card used to purchase your Print@Home tickets for verification before entering the park.
It's fast and convenient!
You must have Adobe® Reader® and access to a printer to print your tickets. If needed, you can download the latest version of Adobe Reader FREE by visiting adobe/reader.
Please Note: The Print@Home ticket will be the only ticket you will receive. It will print on 8.5" x 11" size paper and must be presented each time you enter the theme park(s). If you would prefer a wallet size ticket, please select Will Call Kiosk or FedEx delivery.

So, that sounds like it's not a voucher? And does it matter that there's no year on the price (i.e. there's not a 2012 and a 2013 price/option)?
Ohhh that's good, no definitely doesn't sound like a voucher to me!

I see no mention of dates, but that's really weird as there must be SOME restriction on it!
Old 6 Nov 12, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
They will have a concierge/ticket desk... it's just whether or not it'll stay open late at night/early in the morning?
Also, and this is off topic, but RPR will store our luggage for us while we're at IOA right? And is it safe to leave like my netbook with them?
Yeah they would definitely store luggage, not a problem. It might be worth saying to them you have your netbook in case there's somewhere more secure. Not sure on that one.
Closed Thread