Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWorld
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Best Time To Visit

I have been to DisneyWorld about 6 times previously but not for the last 5 years. Looking at visiting in 2020!
I have always gone in October, always had great weather & no ride ques. But reading online October is now one of the busiest months?!
So, now thinking of September or November?
Ideally after nice weather & non busy parks!

Edited at 12:25 PM.
DisneyWorld is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
If it's a choice between September and November I was intially going to say whether you preferred Christmas to Halloween, as in November all the Christmas decs will be up and MVSCP will be running compared to Halloween decs and MNSSHP in September.

But then I thought about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival which will be open in September. I went for the first time this year and it wasn't as good as I was expecting (we probably should have avoided the first Friday night it was open) but it was still good.

Having been in September before the weather was still lovely and hot and the parks were definitely the quiet. I can't comment about the weather or crowds in November.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been in November, and would recommend however we thought it was quite busy, we were there for the marathon weekend (first weekend in November) and left the week before Thanksgiving (3rd Thursday in November).
So we experienced probably the quieter weeks in Novmber. However it was still busier than our previous trip (Feb). I think this was due to the marathon weekend, Veteran's day weekend, the start of MVMCP and also the last weekend of Food & Wine.

Having said that, we still enjoyed ourselves and the parks werent so busy you couldnt move! (with the exception of MVMCP, it was RAMMED!)

The weather was also really really warm! 30 degrees pretty much ever day of the holiday, with the exception of the last couple (went down to about 18, so felt freezing!).

We have actually booked our next trip for October, as we want to see the Halloween decor! So fingers crossed it wont be too busy!
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post

We have just been in September. I had read a lot that the last two weeks in September are relatively quiet and I think it was ok, I don't know that quiet is ever the case but we didn't have any complaints about crowd levels. It was however really hot and I don't think it is the right time of year for us.

Never been in November, I think the weather would suit us better but I don't know about crowds, it has some US holidays that would be best avoided.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We have just been first two weeks of September, it was hot but I loved it. However I wasn’t keen on the threat of a hurricane but crowds were very low.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Statistically, September is riskier hurricane-wise (I was there in the run-up to Irma before I left 2 days early). Weather was very pleasant though & non-Disney park crowds were relatively low (we didn't do any Disney on this visit).

Have been in November several times & am heading back out there two weeks today. Weather is slightly cooler than September, but have done 2 weeks in November one year when we had about 10mins of rain in the entire two weeks. Crowds are higher than September, particularly at the weekends.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by shona View Post
We have just been first two weeks of September, it was hot but I loved it. However I wasn’t keen on the threat of a hurricane but crowds were very low.
We were there for the first 2 weeks of Sept. As shona says, it was very quiet and very hot. The hurricane probably helped the smaller crowds, but it wasn't great being there with the risks of the hurricane.
I'd go again at that sort of time though
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We usually go in September and always love it.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've just got back from 2 weeks end Sept/start of Oct and the second week of my holiday was definitely quieter in the parks. The weather was just as good.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List