Notices

Old 6 Sep 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PlutoFan
VIP Dibber

Rob's doing well thanks. We were at the Head Injuries Unit in Aylesbury yesterday for an assessment but he's back at work, 3 slightly shorter days per week at the moment.

DD is off to university next week so the back room is full of her 'stuff' - I think we may have to take two cars when she goes, there's so much!

DS is supposed to finding a job for a year and he may go off to university next September. He hasn't got very far with any of it yet!

And I'm supposed to be planning our NYC trip - I haven't done much yet and put my countdown in the other day - only 18 days, I'd better start thinking about it properly!

Oct 1993 Grovesnor Resort
Aug 1994 Kissimee Villa / Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa
Oct 1996 Half Moon Beach Club, Sarasota / Buena Vista Palace
Sept. 2002 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2003 Sequoia Lodge DLP, June 2006 Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Oct / Nov 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 Old Key West / Royal Pacific Resort
August 2013 Hard Rock Hotel / Old Key West Trip Report
August 2016 Hard Rock Hotel / Saratoga Springs Trip Report - Complete!
September 2017 New York Pre-Trip
PlutoFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by PlutoFan View Post
Rob's doing well thanks. We were at the Head Injuries Unit in Aylesbury yesterday for an assessment but he's back at work, 3 slightly shorter days per week at the moment.

DD is off to university next week so the back room is full of her 'stuff' - I think we may have to take two cars when she goes, there's so much!

DS is supposed to finding a job for a year and he may go off to university next September. He hasn't got very far with any of it yet!

And I'm supposed to be planning our NYC trip - I haven't done much yet and put my countdown in the other day - only 18 days, I'd better start thinking about it properly!
Busy ! That's an early start for DD , there is talk of a deferred year here for DS2 but we shall see. We had to do two trips for DS1. His computer took up most of the space on the second run !
Glad Rob is doing ok , hope he continues to recover well.

18 days, eek. It's an easy place to get round though once you find your feet and I guess you won't be overdoing it . Happy planning X
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

It would be fair to say, not much is getting done in the house other than weather watching at the moment
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

As the mother of 2 teen boys I always love your tales of woe, such a similar story in our house and makes me feel normal!
Look forward to your report as always, still stunned at the Vegan thing tho!
Whats your instagram name? will follow you through your trip... Hope you have a fab time
Old 6 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Any good ?

Riders in the sky are fantastic and so funny! They played the opry when we were there last year.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by letty View Post
As the mother of 2 teen boys I always love your tales of woe, such a similar story in our house and makes me feel normal!
Look forward to your report as always, still stunned at the Vegan thing tho!
Whats your instagram name? will follow you through your trip... Hope you have a fab time
Hello. I jut booked him the vegan menu for the flight, Lord knows what will appear
It's wileycoyote100.
We think we may get a bit wet in Memphis as we will run into the back end of Irma, assuming we have avoided her on the way out, the tropical storm rains look set to hit Memphis and Nashville around the time we are there. Could be much worse of course, but right now I'm a bit of a hurricane hater :angry:

Ah these boys, got to love them

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Riders in the sky are fantastic and so funny! They played the opry when we were there last year.
Ah that's brilliant, thank you
Old 9 Sep 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Well, we are ready for the off.
I have no idea what to expect . It will be a adventure that's for sure.

We are very anxious for our family in Tampa , we spoke to them last night , it's scary stuff.

I am sure we will run in to the tail end of Irma when we get to Memphis and Nashville so I am expecting those few days to be stormy and wet.

we have no idea what to expect when we get to Florida in a coupLe of weeks. We just pray for the safety of the people and the animals there.

The awesome cubes have been packed and in case of wet weather I covered them all in clear plastic bags before closing the cases

The freezer is stocked so the boys will no doubt live off takeaway pizza while feeding the dogs the meals I slaved over yesterday

Safe travels to anyone travelling in the next few weeks. It's quite a time
Old 9 Sep 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Stay safe Amanda! I hope you have a fabulous trip despite the weather!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope you have a fabulous trip looking forward to hearing about it and keeping fingers crossed that things are not as bad over the next few days as being predicted weather wise.
Ou DS1 had a similar issue with his AS exams but apparently a U is not a big problem at this stage! Aaaaarrrgghhhhhhh.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Safe travels Amanda, look forward to reading all about it, have added you on instagram, have only just joined, not quite sure what its all about!