Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Talking Lifes Short- Lets Make it Sweet- Day 12- Cozumel & Pirates

DAY 12

COZUMEL & PIRATES

Another little bit of Mexico to explore. If you weren't too lazy to walk the 2miles to the port to buy a nice fridge magnet or maybe a sombrero…

But for us?

NAAAAAAAAAAA

This Is what we couldve seen=

We love the boat and the mexican ports just don't do it for us. I am a travel heathen, anything that looks dirty/smells dirty/ and usually is dirty is easily avoidable if you stay on the shiny clean Disney Fantasy boat.
I would probably bypass the pyramids if I thought the toilets weren't gonna be clean.

I know I know, travel broadens the mind ect ect , but it also gives you severe bouts of hepatitis if your not careful…….clean toilets or me no likey.

So instead we watched the hoards from our balcony going to catch their excursion coaches, or hunt out their fridge magnets.

We took full advantage of the boat being empty and got lotsve deck photos.

It was fab until I got soaked in the aqua lab, by buckets and buckets of freezing cold water. My camera got a splash too but being a defensive camera mummy I protected it with my ample flab folds…

Paul tried to get on the aqueduct with the gopro,

Not as easy as you would've imagined with a 2 inch square piece of kit, which to be honest could've been hidden in his belly button.

THE LITTLE CHAT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS-

CM- Errrm Sorry sir you cant take that on

(on the previous day we watch someone fly past with a regular camcorder waving at us)

Sorry sir it isn't allowed.

PAUL-Why?

You may drop it.

No i wont its strapped onto me with the foolproof $50 worth of high tech webbing that the lass in best buy made/ encouraged me to buy for this very reason

It could drop off then it will get broken .

Its a gopro, it dosnt break even if you get eaten by a shark.

If it dropped it would be a hazard to the next guests.

Ive been down there when a pair of goggles got stuck to my toe thats hazardous, to find a gopro in a waterproof case would be more like manna from heaven.

We would have to stop the ride and it would be unfair on the other people waiting for the ride.

(Looks around) Theres nobody waiting, they're all in cozemul catching hepatitis.

We knew it was a losing battle. You dont try and argue with a cast member -especially of south american origin, and Chen from Peru was the knowledge when it came to mickey rules.

So we sat down for 10 minutes until we saw someone taking over his spot at the bottom of the aquaduct, then Paul & Georgia went up again and walked straight on.

Hahahaha

The moral of the story is , dont cheat the system, just wait for someone who has worked on the disney cruise line for more than the 2 mths it takes to stop getting excited about being Ball breaker of the week.

so heres the video - click on it to watch

As Karma would have it the battery ran out just before the end , haha.

Again we went to the royal court for lunch where the servers were absolutely run off their feet …………… PRESS TO SEE VIDEO VVV

That is the beauty of staying on the boat on sea days. You feel like royalty without the corgis.

After lunch we did another round of the detective agency. Ill be glad to get back to the smaller boat where theres none of this malarky as its really time consuming but Georgia just loved it.

After all that Georgia was deposited in the kids club. Happy enough to see other small people she told us not to come back for her till it was dinner time.

Obviously we gladly obliged and visited a couple of the bars we hadn't managed so far. The cocktails on the boat are lovely, and a lot of the bar people are very inventive. One of the girls at the adult pool made paul a larger with a frozen margarita on the top. She didn't charge for it as it was one of her "inventions" but he managed quite nicely to "force" it down.

Tonight was pirates night. Now being veterans we have done this lots of times. Our enthusiasm for dressing up as pirates wanes a little bit more every time. Georgia had found a Monster High skirt in super target which had a skull on it so between us that was our sum effort for the evening. Poor show, I know.

It was incredibly windy and the boat was back to being incredibly full so our late arrival for the party gave us this less than optimum watching spot.

Check out my wig nearly flying off……VVV

We did see the characters come running by before they got on stage so Georgia was happy enough but it was wayyyyyy too windy for my liking

Dinner was in animators Palette tonight, no show because of pirates night, and I think the wind had effected Georgia more than we knew as she started to feel ill during the meal, complaining of earache. I took her back to the room where we had an early night with the help of a spoonful of calpol and disney movies on the TV.

Paul of course could not let the side down and had a few around the bars to add another ) to our bar bill.

Nice day and would definitely recommend staying onboard at some busy ports.

TOILET OF THE DAY PHOTO

Edited at 07:55 PM.
Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Fab day Bren. I've been to Cozumel (forgot to get a fridge magnet though ) and you did well staying on the ship
Old 6 Oct 12, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Another lovely relaxing day. I haven't seen the videos yet as I'm reading this on my phone.

K
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another lovely relaxing day. I haven't seen the videos yet as I'm reading this on my phone.

K
You must watch the vids when you get to yer PC , you'll have a giggle xxx

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
got to have a clean toilet
looks like a nice day on the boat

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Sounds like a nice day. Hope Georgia is okay.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ThumperThistle
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day.
97,98: ASMu. 99,00,02: ASMo. 03: CB.04: POR,WL,POFQ.05: French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin. 06: Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk. 07: Royal Pacific, Swan. 08: Pop Century, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge. 09: Pop Century, Royal Pacific, Riverside, Beach Club.10: Coronado Springs,Contemporary,Hard Rock,Beach Club. 11: Coronado Springs,Hard Rock,Bay Lake,Yacht Club. 12: Old Key West. 13:OKW 14: OKW. 15: OKW. 16: Boardwalk. 17: POFQ 18:BC. 19: POFQ
ThumperThistle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a nice day Bren. I've been to Cozumel, it was that good that I can't actually remember what we did there !
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sounds like a wonderful day on board an empty ship.

Not sure I like the sound of that wind or the fact that Georgia was feeling poorly
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 12, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a great day and must be nice to have am empty ship to mooch around
Hope Georgia was back to top form the next day
Love the shiny gold loos, very regal
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List